engine question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

quirarte626

alright so i'm new to all this engine shit
i soon want to start either building a b18 turbo or simply a b18 vtec or simply buy the complete swap..but im still not 100% decided because i still ahve questions about the engines because i don't kno what is zc or dohc and lsd and all that shit and i would like to kno what that is so i can go with it or not...so i can narrow my decision of an egnine
so if you guys have any suggestions/definitions of these things i don't know or all that can you guys please help???? i don't wanna get into this and be buyin all this shit if at the end was pointless or useless or stupid...
but i really i'm tiltin towards a b18 engine and also i don't kno the difference between a b18a b18b etc...and type r engines or wutever...
also ive seen online for example
"Product: B18B Dohc Engine 5 speed transmission acura integra 94+" does that mean it's only for like integra 94+ and these engines can't be swapped into ef's????? i'm so dumb at this but once i get it i will get it..
thanks for anybody who can help!

also i want to add
that this is all gonna be put into my daily driver..
so what i have to do so it won't eat up a lot of gas because i usually put a lot of miles into it...

that's the thing i don't wanna make it easier on myself and limit myself
i'm here to learn and all that shit to power up my engine...

if you are a noob to all of this, stay away from turbos, tuning fuel curves in to your ecu is NOT for the faint of heart. engine code are fairly easy to figure out. "X-XX-XX" first X= configuration d,b,k,h,f,j. second and third x engine size 15=1.5l, 18=1.8l, 23=2.3l. third and forth x stand for series info. if you thinking about doing a swap do your hoomework ask questions and research some more. as in your example if something says '94+ most of the time it means it came out of a '94 one thing to keep in mind that the usdm cars changed over from obd1 to obd2 computers in '96. if im wrong in any part of this post anyone feel free to correct me.

D15b OBDO to D16Z

I have this problem and i am sure you have it too. I can not find Cams for my motor. Can i put the D16z6 (vetc) head on my crx d15b5 block? I have the p28 ecu and i am planning to keep my single cam. Do you know any good sites to get a cam for my d15b5? Or is it best to swap for the d16z6 head and change from obdo to obdo1-- including chipping for vtech? Thanks

Back