Engine Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I think it's a good engine, it has a pretty high red line..vtec and obd1. but it's like all engines when it comes to power...it'll have a lot more when you start to tinker with it

its a good engine depending on what its used for.....its the best of the d series engines

though under powered (127hp) i was always pleased with mine when i had one. Very reliable, easy to maintain, still fun to drive...

i personally think my f22 has a lot more power than my friends d16z6 and his is in a hatch and mine is in a prelude so... yeah

I would say that it depends on what you intend to use the engine for. The D16 is a decent motor, but, if you plan on boost, or any other external modification, the internals may need to be replaced, as they are not as stout as a B-Series motor. But, if you want a motor that will deliver a spirited drive in a light chassis, then by all means. As a suggestion, there is always the B18B, which has more potential.

yeah the d16z6 is a fun motor thats what is kinda currently in my del sol, i have another one sitting in my garage if you want it. if you live in the area let me know i live just north of atlanta, i killed one of the berrings, its in pieces. so you dont have to worry about dismanteling it and we cleand it. if you want it its yours. something to work on. im gonna take the one i have now and put in my little brothers 88 hatch. just let me know if you want it ill let my brother know to pull it out for ya.

vtec isn't that great. remember, it's made for fuel economy not to produce gobs of power. and mileage doesn't really matter. i have seen 200k engines run better than 30k many times. it's all in how well they are taken care of and maintained.

the engine could be excellent or terrible, just depends on how you look at it. compared to a b-series it's not so great, but compared to a d15b2 it would be a huge upgrade.

vtec isn't that great. remember, it's made for fuel economy not to produce gobs of power. and mileage doesn't really matter. i have seen 200k engines run better than 30k many times. it's all in how well they are taken care of and maintained.

and i was talking comparatively between my car and his car, remember mine weighs about 1000 pounds more than his so it makes a huge difference too

Looks like you are 12 years old with all those random smilies everywhere^^^^ ...... tacky much !

as much as people talk about weight it really isnt much of an issue unless it an extreme amount of weight or you are racing such as legitimate racing not street racing although does have slight effect. other than that the power of a f series to a d series is enough that a 1000 is nothing

what will make bigger power a B18C7 head with a B20 block or a striaght H22A1 conversion. This is for my '94 EG civic Hatch i am trying to make it run a flat 13 second pass.

1st start your own threadd to keep from being flamed to hell

and from what i have seen a h22 in a hatch ran a 13.4 in quarter but its had I/H/E and i dont know about b20 block start your own thread to get more awnsers

Back