engine questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92integralsvtec

so rite now im running a frankenstine ls vtec with a chipped computer, 2.5' header back exhaust, high flow cat and muffler. as far as i no its a pretty well stock motor(i didnt build it)

i like the motor but my buddys got a b20b i can have. i want to put my ls head, intake, ecu, ls tranny etc. on it and possibly run turbo.

i looked into a bit and it seems like all of my stuff should just bolt on other then changing a bit to the head.

if i run just the b20 w/ls head etc., would it be better then my ls vtec i have now?

i dont plan on racing to much, just the occasional stop light to stop light. what do yu think would be best, keep what i got or go b20vtec?

Keep the ls/vtec, more power can be made with less effort.

well its got the ls in it now working perfectly fine but i also got a b20b for 400$ from my buddy so would it be worth switching them or will the gains even be worth doing?
most of the work i can do myself

ok now for some reason unknown to me i just blew the head gasket lastnight comming home. i was doing like 40km/h which i dont see why it would have blown at such a slow speed but thats beside the point.

now my problem is do i rebuild my ls vtec or drop in a boosted b20b with ls tranny and intake pushing around 8-12psi

any other suggestions would be considered aswel

I dont think your intake will be needed since you will need the upper intercooler piping to go to the throttlebody/IM. As for your HG, just pull the head and clean it up and put a new HG on.

well if i keep the stock b20 intake then i have to cut a hole for that monster to stick out with those foot long runners it has, the ls intake will allow me to keep stock hood.

also wont the boosted b20 make more power then the ls?

Back