Engine Rebuild for turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spydy43

I have a D16Y8 that I am rebuilding due to a spun bearing. I am trying to get it rebuilt for a max-rev turbo. I wanted to see if anyone can give me some information on the best way to do this for this engine. I was wondering if anyone can tell what pistons and rods would be best. Does anyone know of a place to get a complete rebuild package with pistons, rods, and crankshaft? Does anyone know where I can get a strong crankshaft for a good price?

I am rebuilding my d16z6 pretty soon for about 300whp and I am going with eagle rods (alredy have them) and I'm am not sure on what pistons yet (maybe CP or endyn pistons). If you have good fuel management and good tuning the stock sleeves should be fine. The stock crankshaft will be fine also. How much horsepower are you going to be going for?

Originally posted by beerbongskickass@Jun 7 2004, 12:49 PM
I am rebuilding my d16z6 pretty soon for about 300whp and I am going with eagle rods (alredy have them) and I'm am not sure on what pistons yet (maybe CP or endyn pistons). If you have good fuel management and good tuning the stock sleeves should be fine. The stock crankshaft will be fine also. How much horsepower are you going to be going for?

I am thinking maybe 225-250 whp I want a reliable setup so that I am not running into problems later. Do you recommend I get a new OEM crank or have the current one turned and heat treated?

225-250 will be easy for a built d-series. You get reliability with good fuel management and tuning. I don't plan on having anything done to my crankshaft, but I am not an engine builder so I couldn't tell you what to do. I haven't read anything online about getting a new one when rebuilding your motor though. I am just going to leave all the machine work up to my engine builder. If yours is fucked up then I would probably look for a used one in good condition.

Back