engine rebuild.. is it worth it?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

alright, thanks guys.

i'll just find a low-mileage D16A6 engine and throw it in there. or another ZC, i liked how this one drove (when it did drive lol)
and i can get another ZC for 300 shipped.

i have another question now then..
i know the JDM engines only get about 60,000 miles clocked on them, but this is because the tax and shit on it so its too expensive for them to take care of their enignes problems adn whatnot (like someone on here said a lil while back). so would this make their engines in worse condition at 60 than one of ours would be at the same mileage?

just wondering.. i want my engine to last me a while, so i want to buy something that'll last good.
or am i worrying too much? lol

They're generally pretty good when they come from HMotors.

right on..

i think im just gonna buy a ZC from HMotors for 390+shipping.
i never really looked at that site.. its pretty sweet! they set you up with transmissions, and even ECU's if you need 'em! thats cool! lol

thanks everyone. im glad i didnt start something that would have gotten me spending too much money lol. this'll leave me with a little extra spending money too.. maybe a header will be in the near future too! lol

I concur with buying a new engine instead of rebuilding. I recently rebuilt my HF. the dumbest thing I ever did when it comes to my rex. spent as much money as the ZC that was sitting at the local importer. (i think i spent around 500-750) took way too long and things just dont work the same as they did before it came apart.... but hey, i probably have the best compression HF out there and I know it can hang with a 95 manual civic SI though first gear:lol:. If you want to go through the fun of a rebuild, you should play around with it. My biggest regret is ignoring the HF all motor i could have done while i was wasting money...

Back