Engine Rebuild

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

candyman206

Hey fellas I was wondeirng if there was a book to show you how to assemble an engine step by step. I know alot of people will say to use a helm. But I wanted to know more detailed things like how to use platigauge, check the thrust of crank, compression ratio, and how to clay for clearance and stuff like that. Where did everyone else learn how to build motors? Wanting to fully rebuild a b16 with a little of performance to last along time :)

step 1 - go to www.google.com
step 2 - search
step 3 - get lots of beer
step 4 - rip apart motor
step 5 - stare at parts in drunken disbelief
step 6 - drink more beer
step 7 - pay machine shop to assemble for you

:p

Quoted post[/post]]
Hey fellas I was wondeirng if there was a book to show you how to assemble an engine step by step. I know alot of people will say to use a helm. But I wanted to know more detailed things like how to use platigauge, check the thrust of crank, compression ratio, and how to clay for clearance and stuff like that. Where did everyone else learn how to build motors? Wanting to fully rebuild a b16 with a little of performance to last along time :)

I wont laugh at you. Just start by reading about the differences between all the honda/acura engines. And if you have a few years of any automotive background or experience then you will get it pretty quick. It take a lot of time, patinets, understanding, tools, and some good logical knowldege.

There is a book you can buy/order from your local book store that has a lot of good info of building drag/race/autocross engines and they go really in depth.

YGPM

I can send you A CD with a full helms manual on it, Just let me know what motor. PM we'll talk.

Back