Engine Replacement / No Spark HELP!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

96tightaccord

Hey everyone I hope you can help me. I have a 96 accord with a f22b engine. I sucked water into the intake and destroyed it :(. So I got a new engine and I put it in, but I'm not getting any spark. I think it has something to do with the distributor. Please I need help asap. Any help/info is much appreciated. Thank you
Justin

Try swapping the distributor from your old engine.

I agree with LS. Your best bet is switching it or buy a new one.
Having new parts never hurt :)

Update: Another thing to try is to read your ECU for any codes. Cheap code reader is like 90 bucks.

Last edited:
more info

it's a 97 accord engine. Ignition control module could be bad. Is there a way to check. It has a blue wire that is supposed to be ground. Used a test light on ICM from positive side of battery and it didn't light up. Any thoughts?ty

p.s fuel pump is not working at all and we used the wiring harness from the old motor and everything is plugged in. Man I have no idea what to do. Any ideas?

Update - I looked at the ECU and there and it is burnt. So this is most likely the problem. Can anyone give me any hints? I don't want to put a new one in and have it burn that up. Please I need this car fixed.

Also I was wondering if you could use different ecu's? The engine is a 97 but it is using all the 96's engine hookups. I need a 96 honda accord ex manual trans ecu. Do any other ecus work for this engine?

I mean.. if you used the old harness then there shouldn't be anything burning the ecu now. Did you have the battery on during anytime of the swap? could have crossed some wires maybe...

Back