Engine Serial Information

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

iStealVCRs

Alright, so here's my problem. I finally got my hands on a B18B1 and am currently in the process of getting it stripped down to be hopefully machined. The gentleman I bought it from said it was a '96, but upon further research, there's an OBD1 valve cover on it, and OBD2 apparently started in '96 for Integras.

I've tried using Google for a while to see if maybe I could find a database of Honda engine serial numbers, but to no avail. I tried reading the date stamped into the head, but it's pretty hard to read.

So here's what I've got for sure...
B18B1

If anyone's got anything for me, I appreciate it. I can upload pictures if anyone thinks that'd help.

as long as it has the original head on it, you can tell the year the engine was manufactured by looking at the numbers on the head - usually, the year of manufacture is the year before the model year - for instance, if it says 93 on the head, it most likely is from a 94 model year car

91yearofhead.jpg

Alright...I made an attempt earlier to read the markings on the head, but was pretty difficult to make out. I'll see if I can maybe make another attempt to decipher it.

Back