Engine Shut Off Problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dwnfdrknss

Hey guys I'm new to the forum. I Googled the problem I'm having with my 95 integra RS. I'd really apprepciate and ideas u might have. I copied this off the thread that i read but its exactly the problem im having so....
!!PLEASE HELP!!

Setup: 95 Integra b18b1.
Mods: AEM V2 intake, TB mod, ground wire kit
Recent Maintenance: Denso Iridium Spark Plugs, Bosh Premium Spark Plug Wires, Mobile 1 sythetic oil, Mobile 1 oil filter

Problem: while i am driving, under normal conditions, my engine will "hiccup" and "jerk" like i kicked the clutch and then shut off. its like turning your key off and and right back on as your driving down the highway. there is nothing that i can do to make it do this. its completely random. sometimes the car will start up right away and sometimes it takes ages. Right now i can't get the car to start. once in a while the car fires up then shuts off after a second. :( :confused:

Last edited:
Have you checked for a spark or fuel? Sounds like a problem with your igniter or coil. Sometimes they are funny like that. I would start by checking for spark and going from there. I know you said it starts for a second and dies but if your coil is bad it can do that. If you don't have a spark check your igniter and coil, distributor cap etc....
Good luck

yea thanks bro i'll have to check that out... see i had those things in mind but i wanted to know if anyone else has had a similar problem. a mechanic freind of mine said that hondas were notorious for their main relay going out? how does that sound to anyone?

also check your main gtround wires. main relay and such.

thanks guys for the ideas... took the car to my mechanic freind and it ended up being the distributor (i hope). so hopefull after $340!!!!! the car will run fine.

Back