Engine Smoke Problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Mufasa

I have a B20 Vtec motor and I noticed one day when it was running, after I installed a breather filter on the valve cover that it smokes, enough to saturate the breather filter pretty good. Whitish smoke also comes out of my dip stick tube. Please give some suggestions on what could be wrong. :confused:

well yeah its gonna get dirty. I could run my old motor with the oil cap off and little or no oil will come out. now with these stage 2 cams i got i slings oil all over the fucking place! I really dont thikn those beather filters do anything. its just for looks. I have it hooked up to my intake until i can afford a catch can.

Also white smoke out of the dipstick tube? theirs no water in their is it? check your oil cap for condensation. also check the stick for water bubbles. white smoke is never good IMO

If you got white smoke from the dipstick you probaly got water in your oil. Possible problems could be your head gasket is going out or maybe your oil cooler.

you installed a breather on the pcv valve?

if so you answered your own question. your running an na car with a filter. that makes no sense.

i think he ment on that lil nipple thinge on the valve cover. . . not hte pcv valve thats on the intake mani. . . i could be wrong, but thats what im thinking

I agree its the one on the valve cover. why would you put a breather on the pcv?

Back