Engine Sputters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slipvayne

I have a 87 lude si. I bought it in January, when i bought it i noticed that after a few minutes after driving the pgmfi light would come on but the car ran good. About 2 months ago it started sputtering in low gears. Its getting worse and worse. It happens in every gear now and when i try to accelarate i bogs out and i have to down shift. Any help will be appreciated. Thanx
I have changed my plugs and filter. i also checked the injectors and they seem to work fine.

Hmm, the rpms usually drop when the clutch is slipping, but only right before its burnt out. Usually if the clutch is just beginning to slip, you will be giving it gas and the RPM's will go up but it will seem like the clutch is not engaging and nothing will happen. But, since its a new clutch, I highly doubt that its your clutch. Unless you REALLY don't know how to drive stick.

Nothing really comes to mind, lemme do some searching around and i'll get back to ya.

lol yeah i know how to drive stick. :D it really doesnt feel like the clutch. i dont think that the engine would bog like that if it was the clutch. i noticed to day that when its idleing it jumps up and down alittle. Fuel Pump going out? :axe:

it could be a number of things. here's what i can think of off top of my head:

- clutch out of adjustment (engaging too soon/not giving it enough gas)
- clogged air filter
- clogged fuel filter
- incorrect timing
- worn distributor cap and/or rotor
- bad spark plug wire(s)

I check all of those . Thanx for the help. i'll post if that fixed it. Thanx guys

Back