• It could be your gaskets.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It could be your fuel pump.

• It could be your injectors.

• It could be your igniter.

• Or like me, it could be your ecu, or some peeps call it pcm.

• It could be a big electrical proble

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EG18

Wels for 1 whole week I didn't get to drive my car because it kept stalling. I was working on it everyday for a week until it finally started to click in my head. Every time I drove the car it would stall after awhile. It also had an irractic idle, especially when the engine was cold. I had the problem when I first swapped the engine in, but found out the reason was because of the intake manifold gasket. I got new ones, but cheap ones from autozone put in. I also had a pep boys throttle body gasket put in too but it didn't even fit right, so I had to cut it.

The car ran perfect for awhile, until it started stalling, So I went to get new gaskets and changed them. It wasn't it, so I got mad and slammed my door. And like I said, it clicked, I was thinking what if it was the ecu, so I turned mah engine off and started it again, and when to pound on mah ecu, and bam everytime I pounded on the ecu the check light came on and the car would stall or get ready to that is. So put my dx ecu in it and boom, runs like perfect, except that the fuel maps are too weak for the engine and that the evap purge isn't working right because the dx doesn't have it. So i'm waiting on a new ecu, I recommend using the p28 ecu for eg civic swap with dc.

I almost forgot, I also checked for sparks to my engine, changed the fuel pump, checked my timing, checked the igniter, the vacuum lines, and the injectors. My cousin who is a mechanic came and tried to fix it but made it worse. So the saying goes, nobody knows your car better than you.

welps thats it, hopefully if you get this problem you can fix it or find it. oh and if your car won't start but cranks, it might be your igniter but be sure of it with a voltmeter too because the igniters are expensive. 160 bucks

Back