Engine stalls at idle...any ideas??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

freshdaily

fresh like green ***anas
then it turns back on fine and idles ok. Also when I throw it neutral coming up to a light it will bog down to low rpms, sometimes 500 or less and go back to normal idle. then at times it just stalls as I let off the gas and throw it in neutral. If im parked and letting it idle it will idle fine then just cut out like that! Like power was cut off, perhaps something electrical??? No CEL light is on either! I had the CEL light on like 2 weeks ago, code said IAC sensor. Swapped it out and CEL went away but still kept stalling out on me. :confused:

My b16a does this sometimes too, when the rpm has a sudden drop, like coming to a stop like you said or just revving it does it. It has only stalled once because of it and it usually runs fine with occational fluxes in the rpm, but it always comes back to normal.

I have asked the honda techs at the dealer and they dont know either, some of them have it themselves.

Especially with swaps it seems to be a phantom problem. Check the ecu for codes and the ignition system and vacuum. If not raise your idle????

yea, Im leading to perhaps the throttle position sensor, and I also i noticed I have to swap my dizzy to an OBD1, it has an OBD2 in it right now!....Maybe one of these two things may fix it.... I'll keep ya posted!

i'll be damn, come to find out its my 02 sensor, hooked up the scan tool and noticed it had .6 v when I started it and as it warmed up it went to 0.0 v! the old one was out and for an obd2 gsr exhaust. swapped it to a new obd1. car runs like a champ now!!:D

My buddy's 99 ex does that so did my 94 but the headgasket just went out on it so be careful man. I agree with these guys, sounds like an o2 sensor to me.

Back