Engine suggestions for 93 civic lx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

warren0728

I have a 1993 honda civic lx 4-door with a blown headgasket. I am thinking about putting a new (used) motor in it. I wouldn't mind putting a different (better performance) motor in and am looking for suggestions. It's a little confusing trying to figure out what will fit and what won't.

Any help or good ref links would be appreciated.

thanks,
ww

there are many swaps that you could do with your car. d16 single cam vtec is the cheapest for around 500-600 for a complete swap. it's not great but u will definately notice the difference compared to your lx. if you have more money u could go with a 92-95 b16 sir2(2200-2500)good, 94+ b18b non vtec dohc(ok),b18c1 dohc vtec(better!),b18c5 integra type r(best!)...u could even do a prelude h22 swap. there are a lot of options just do some research good luck
hmotorsonline.com

Thanks Speed....I'll research those suggestions. I would like to keep costs minimal but don't mind spending extra bucks if it is worth it.

My other project car is a restored 1954 ford f100 truck with a small block v8, power steering and brakes, etc. So I know how quickly you can spend money on this stuff!!.

ww

Back