Engine Swap compatibility?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

malone68

Will a K20A3 out of a 02 civic si fit into a 98 civic? Does anyone know what HP is in the K20A3? Pissedoffsol ya out there?

Thanks for any and all input!!

K20A3 1998 160@6500 132@5000 9.5:1 86 86 dohc yes 2

straight from the refrence section here...
also try a google search for honda civic si 2002 horsepower...
first result had the HP rating...
don't be so lazy

and check hasport.com to see if they have a mount kit for it...

Thank you for the info. Where is the reference section? Under the "article" section or what. I tried to search using that method first and I couldn't get it to work. I'm not trying to be lazy, I'm just new to using this site. Will the engine fit with the proper mounts?

Thanks again.

i dunno much about K series, you might be able to use stock mounts...
or you may need a mount kit...

google it up...
look for write-ups on the swap

This should be in the swap forum....but yes you can put a K-series motor in an EK. In fact hasport has a kit for it:
http://hasport.com/Products/Mount%20Kits/Mount%20EKK1.htm
The problem is, that there is a LOT of wiring to do. You have to rewire you're whole engine harness to get the K in there and I hear its a big bitch. Search arround, I know there are at least a few EK's with K20's in them, see if anyone has a how-to posted on the net.

google.com is your friend, it is how I learned everything for my swap.

Cool! I now know that I should have been more descriptive with the type of civic. Mine is the dreaded LX (which is why I'm swapin' the engine out this spring) I guess the b16a would be the way to go? The K20A3 won't fit my civic anyway. Atleast I got the hasport site to buy the right accessories. Thanks again for the advice and web links.

don't fall victim to the torque less wonder
lol

research ALL your options...
i'm a big fan of the H22...
check it out...

Back