Engine swap D16Z6 into 91Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Nope, no trick. They just plain dont fit.

bottom studs huh? cool.... the kickplate will fit back on at least righ?

does the p28 need a knock sensor? the white wire on the conversion harness needs to be hooked to it

ok..got the wiring hooked up but yay!! the starter doesn't work!!.... ran a wire from the solenoid to the battery and nothin..im confused, it worked before whut the hell!

yeah..everthings hooked up. even when i jump the terminal to the battery it still doesnt work. relay clicks but starter dont spin

Your connecting it to the selenoid(the actuator that pushes the starter gear into the flywheel. You need to jump that AND the other stud, so it kicks out (click) and it spins.

I used a screwdriver to bridge the gap. Anything 'l work though

did that....with the battery hooked up and both the harness wires attatched the starter still doesnt work when the two terminals are bridged...relay clicks but no reaction from starter

Hmm.... you've checked voltage on the battery?
Might be drained... that would/could cause it.

yeah i thought that too so i took the battery outta my other hatch and tried that battery and still nothin...im gonna try and have the starter tested today before work

Checked for loose wires on dizzy adapter?
Did you repin your harness to an obd1 plug, or did you use an adapter harness?

What all have you done wiring-wise?

well i repinned the big dizzy connector and cut and soldered the two wire dizzy plug. as far as soldering anything i just lengthened some wires for a few sensors..map, fan switch, etc...messed with those wires yesterday and the spark plug fired a bit and it seemed to wanna start for a min but just once..

tranny questions

whats up everyone. couple of questions about my tranny.

How can I tell if my trans. is a SI model or the DX model?
the number stamped on the tranny is L3 PL3 A000.

I already know using the tranny that came with the engine is a lot of trouble but Can I use the flywheel that came with the engine?
the number stamp on the tranny S40 P4A B000.

i believe you have the dx trans.. i have a blown 5spd in my garage and it has the same stamp from whut i see.. also the flywheel should work given its the same year..whut is the trans outta??

will do....messed with the dizzy yesterday and seen an arc from the plug wire so ignition we have..im willing to bet the timing indeed

the trans.. that came with the car is a an s40 but the one that I have for the swap is from a 90 civic here are some pics of the tranny that came wiith the engine.

Attachments

• P3210011.JPG
    P3210011.JPG
    594.2 KB · Views: 239
  • P3210013.JPG
    P3210013.JPG
    702.2 KB · Views: 269
  • P3210003.JPG
    P3210003.JPG
    720.1 KB · Views: 287
whuts with the square hole in the trans? whut year did this come from? the flywheel and clutch look ok

Back