Engine Swap D17A1-D17A2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cbr9rider

Hey guys and gals. My car started to have a few problems so I found a motor and trans out of a 2003 2 door civic EX. My car is a 2002 civic lx 4 door. Both are 5 speed. But I am running into a few problems that I hope that you can help me out with. First off ECU, I know I need to get another one so the vtec will work correctly. What exactly am I suppose to get? Can I just use any ecu from a vtec civic MT or do I need to get something special? (part number or 2 door versus 4 door ecu or are they any difference) I was also told that I would need to get the ecu flashed so that my vin is in the eprom. But I'm unsure about all that. And one other thing that I have found is that the harness for the EX motor only has one connector for an 02 sensor. Is this correct or am I missing something.

Thanks in advance ,

Jason

Did you ever get an answer to this? I have the same issue have a 02 that the motor blew up in, and swapped in a 04 but it won't run... did you need to replace the ECU and if so what type?

Back