1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine swap for a F23A1

Discussion in 'Accord' started by silvaccord01, Sep 21, 2006.

1. silvaccord01

silvaccord01 New Member

I have '01 Accord Coupe with an F23 motor, MT and I just want some advice or suggestions as to what would be the best swap or is there a lot of potential with the F23, i.e. turbo? Please give some feedback. Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2006
  2. brintonwhalen

brintonwhalen Yes, that is my real name

I wouldn't boost the F23 for safety's sake- most likely will throw a rod. im assuming you have the auto tranny like mine- if you want a 5sp i would just keep that as a daily driver and go buy a crx or something.

3. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Read much? He says it's got an "MT", i.e. "manual transmission". And what makes the F23 so inappropriate for boost?

4. brintonwhalen

oh didnt see that, cool - wish mine was a stick - anywho - was doing some research and digging around the forums. Depends on your budget- If i had the cash to do all the engine internals - i would definately boost it - though without those i wouldn't consider it again . Threw a rod only using a 50 shot of wet NOS my last engine.

5. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Was it tuned, or did you just throw the NOS on there and have at it? Also, was it a dry or wet shot?

As for turbo, the F-series engines are actually pretty decent under boost. As long as it's tuned well and the boost is kept at a fairly conservative level then there's no reason not to boost on a stock F-series engine that's in good shape...

6. brintonwhalen

it was a wet shot- but never got a chance to tune it - i was reading somewhere that 8-10psi on stock internals was okay. not sure how much a 50hp shot is in terms of PSI - but no it was not tuned.

7. fijitec

fijitec New Member

i love that car i "HAD" a 99 accord coupe with F23 MT setup i swapped the JDM F20b engine tranny in it she ran like a beast... check youtube.com and search fijitec

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted