Engine swap for a F23A1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

silvaccord01

I have '01 Accord Coupe with an F23 motor, MT and I just want some advice or suggestions as to what would be the best swap or is there a lot of potential with the F23, i.e. turbo? Please give some feedback. Thanks!

Last edited:
I wouldn't boost the F23 for safety's sake- most likely will throw a rod. im assuming you have the auto tranny like mine- if you want a 5sp i would just keep that as a daily driver and go buy a crx or something.

I wouldn't boost the F23 for safety's sake- most likely will throw a rod. im assuming you have the auto tranny like mine- if you want a 5sp i would just keep that as a daily driver and go buy a crx or something.

Read much? He says it's got an "MT", i.e. "manual transmission". And what makes the F23 so inappropriate for boost?

oh didnt see that, cool - wish mine was a stick - anywho - was doing some research and digging around the forums. Depends on your budget- If i had the cash to do all the engine internals - i would definately boost it - though without those i wouldn't consider it again . Threw a rod only using a 50 shot of wet NOS my last engine.

Was it tuned, or did you just throw the NOS on there and have at it? Also, was it a dry or wet shot?

As for turbo, the F-series engines are actually pretty decent under boost. As long as it's tuned well and the boost is kept at a fairly conservative level then there's no reason not to boost on a stock F-series engine that's in good shape...

it was a wet shot- but never got a chance to tune it - i was reading somewhere that 8-10psi on stock internals was okay. not sure how much a 50hp shot is in terms of PSI - but no it was not tuned.

i love that car i "HAD" a 99 accord coupe with F23 MT setup i swapped the JDM F20b engine tranny in it she ran like a beast... check youtube.com and search fijitec

Back