Engine swap for my 7th gen Civic EX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rj_dfw_texas

Army Guy Rob
I am planning on doing an engine swap for my 2001 Civic EX,

at first, i planned on a k20a2... when i spoke with a guy i am stationed with he suggested the h22 from the prelude...

i am fairly new to import tunning, and need a few pointers

any help would be appreciated

well just me but for the 7 gen i wouldnt put anything but a k in it all the other motors arent worth it in that car

yeah thats wht i have been thinking too...

i have looked it up online and asked a few people, and most people go with the k20a2 but say stay away from the k20a3....

so far all i have done to the stock d17 is dc sports headers and exhaust and a short ram air intake, i have noticed a small difference but i want bigger gains...

i thought of putting a turbo on but i still am limited to the power from the d17, which is why i amlooking at an engine swap

well.. since its a 01, you can swap a GSR or Type R motor..

hi boys. Have some problem too. Turbo or engine swap? I've D16V1 with 110hp. How much k20 motor? It fit in ep2?

OK, Please allow me to set all your innacurate thoughts aside here.
H22,b16,b18,b ANYTHING WILL NOT FIT.

K series swap is the only engine swap you can do. I own a 7th gen and know for fact so please just read and listen.
K swap will cost you 10,000 to complete. Unless you do everything yourself and as cheap as possible, maybe youll spend 8000.
It is a very extensive and expensive swap, Definatly not for the first time swapper or someone new to hondas.
If you want to make power in your EM2 you can.
You need to build a solid bottum end and turbo it.
Dezod.com is your best bet for the best parts. He can also help you alot on the knowledge department.
A turbo kit on a built d17 can easily push 300whp which would be more power than youll need, and youll only spend a fraction of the money and make almost double the power of a k swap.

The B will fit- it's been done. Nobody makes a bolt in kit for it though, and it's technically not legal unless you get a 2001 model year Integra engine.

Since you're from DFW, call up Intercrew and talk to them about a K swap. Tell Phillip that Mike Yu sent you. It shouldn't cost you anywhere near $10k.

swap

The B will fit- it's been done. Nobody makes a bolt in kit for it though, and it's technically not legal unless you get a 2001 model year Integra engine.

Since you're from DFW, call up Intercrew and talk to them about a K swap. Tell Phillip that Mike Yu sent you. It shouldn't cost you anywhere near $10k.

im aware of the b swap that AEM did, but it was for a dedicated high speed racer, not a street car. And yeah not legal anywhere. And honestly, more trouble than its worth

Ok this thread is starting to get a little off topic.

Yes, you can make any engine fit into any car by throwing tons of money at it.

a Bseries into a 7th gen for a novice is a no go. Its impractical and is basically a stupid idea to even consider it from a swappers stand point. Noone makes parts for that swap so its all custom.

a k series from a ep3 or something would be the best bet. You can just get the civic K20 motor and keep costs down. THo you would still have to do some mods to get it up to the 200 hp at the wheels mark.

good luck bro, but if i were you, id drop the k20 fantasy and just build the D17, its pleanty powerful if you do it right. If you are dead set on having a K20, sell your civic and get an Rsx....DONE

do not, i repeat, do NOT get the ep3 k motor, it sucks donkey dick.

a k20a2 with i,h,e and a reflash from hondata will put you at right around 200whp.

a k20a-r with ^^^ will get you around 220whp.

a k20 (a-r or a2) will walk on the same car with a h22 in it.

Back