Engine swap for my 7th gen Civic EX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

so are you saying you got that kind of power with out a turbo or spray ?? with a d series

i'm not trying bro, i got this kind of power in my em2 2001.
take me a full winter to built this engine, i built it by my self with a friend.
and im naturaly aspired and i have no nos or shit like that.

the only thing we didn't not do alone is the ECU set up i send it to KMS in california and they make me a custom hondata setup. After that i spend about 3 week in the dyno to find the good cam position and little details like thats.

spend about 5k on the engine setup(i didnt not count all the time i put on it ).

Last edited:
just wont to make sure i understand. you have a built d17 non vtec with 217 tork to the wheels and 250hp to the wheels. and its n/a

ok i think you maybe don't understand english but YES.... what more can i say, i know you will not belive me, thats what most people do.

but it seem to be possible because i got this kind of setup running very well in my car so...

most people in street ask this question, i just pop the hood they see this little head engine, they start joking about it, we go take a race and after that they told me wtf i do with this engine. WRX, Type-r turbo gsr- superchaged, only 1 guy beat me up with a non turbo car and is was a a SI 2002, k20a3, he never told me is setup but, he was running with out turbo or nos, the only thing i know, is car sound was like a formula 1 and he was damm fast.

Last edited:
dont get lipey noob,, and with kind of power the si shouldnt have touched you either,i mean 217 tork to the wheels, oh wait,,,B.S ;)

lol, i have nothin to proof. there is nothing you cannot do with an engine, you only need the cash and the good tools, thats it. If your to stupid to learn how to setup a good high rev engine just shut up and try.

by the way i spend 3k only on the tranny, LX tranny by the way, EX tranny the one with the d17a2 are to short, always shifting and bad top speed. The LX gear are longer.

dont know but maybe a custom race engine because is red line was about 10k rpm.

and if you need some good, i mean really good performance part for you honda go see this web cite
Honda Performance - KMS Engine Development

Last edited:
well im glad your not gona prove it :rolleyes: and ive been building hondas before you was even walking in this field. theres no way your getting that kind of power out of a non vtec d17 without spray or a turbo. and if you have the dyno slip to that the dyno is wrong. im not gona waste to much on this but you just start a thread and tell people what you making to the wheels and what motors doing it and you see whos with you.

So you've got a 78mm bore, crazy port work, and a cam that's so aggressive that the car barely idles, right? It's not impossible to break 200whp with an all-motor D-Series, it just takes a shitload more than you're saying and I've never seen an all-motor D at 250whp. And believe me when I say that I've been researching these little bastards for the last two years.
:werd:

what I would attempt would be a d17a2 head swap onto a d17a1, with the dezod turbo kit

i got an Civic ex 2001 with a setup that devlop 265 whp and 217 lbs with out turbo kit. The a1 head is non-vtec and is better for hi-compression setup. Up next you will need to regrind your cam shaft, change your valves, springs and retainer, port and polish head, cam gear, fuel rails, injector, customizable ECU, race header and exaust, uperdrive pulley and overdrive pulley + flywheel.

Dude you have got to be f**kin' kidding me... Do you hear yourself when you say stupid shit like this? "A 265 whp and 217 tq naturally aspirated SOHC 1.7 liter engine"... Does Bisi even make that much out of his 2.2 liter? Show me a dyno sheet! A real dyno sheet, not some crap you downloaded off the internet. It's cool that you want to build a D17 and make some hp, but don't get on here and flat out LIE about it.

There's a guy at my work that has a Suzuki Forenza that he claimed ran a 13.5... So I raced him in my 93 CX with a B16A swap with i/h/e and f**kin' smoked him. By atleast 4 or 5 car lengths. So that means I must be running 12's right!!! I got a 12 second car!!! I got a 12 second car!!! I got a 12 second car!!! Shut the f**k up!

wtf

i just stumbled upon this wonderful thread on google. i do own a 7th gen civic and am pondering weather to do a k20 swap or turbo that f*cker but you all seem to forget something very important. turbo setup on a d17 WILL cost you just as much as a k20 swap if you're not a mechanic and if you don't own the tools required. a turbo kit alone can cost well over $3000 and how many ppl will trust a place like joe's garage to put together a turbo kit for you? i sure as f*ck won't. another thing, the d17 wasn't designed for a turbo, so unless u replace the pistons and rods, your motor won't last you for sh*t! and everyone seems to be forgetting about the finer things, like get a clutch that can handle the power, get axles that won't snap like toothpics, get the small bugs out of the system...oh snap, my car's pinging, go f*ck around with the A/F ratio and timing. doing a swap...hmmm...let's see, hasport has a list of what you need to do it right...anyone look at it? probably not. you need an ep3 or dc5 subframe, their motormounts, axles, shift linkage, you need a k20 ecu, or re-map your stock one, you need an ep3 radiator and fan, you most likely won't be able to run a power steering pump unell you grind down the hood to make clearance....and i'm pretty sure i forgot a few other things on the list. so in the end, both options are f*cking useless. you want more power, buy a new car! stop f*cking with things that aren't meant to be f*cked with!

i just stumbled upon this wonderful thread on google. i do own a 7th gen civic and am pondering weather to do a k20 swap or turbo that f*cker but you all seem to forget something very important. turbo setup on a d17 WILL cost you just as much as a k20 swap if you're not a mechanic and if you don't own the tools required. a turbo kit alone can cost well over $3000 and how many ppl will trust a place like joe's garage to put together a turbo kit for you? i sure as f*ck won't. another thing, the d17 wasn't designed for a turbo, so unless u replace the pistons and rods, your motor won't last you for sh*t! and everyone seems to be forgetting about the finer things, like get a clutch that can handle the power, get axles that won't snap like toothpics, get the small bugs out of the system...oh snap, my car's pinging, go f*ck around with the A/F ratio and timing. doing a swap...hmmm...let's see, hasport has a list of what you need to do it right...anyone look at it? probably not. you need an ep3 or dc5 subframe, their motormounts, axles, shift linkage, you need a k20 ecu, or re-map your stock one, you need an ep3 radiator and fan, you most likely won't be able to run a power steering pump unell you grind down the hood to make clearance....and i'm pretty sure i forgot a few other things on the list. so in the end, both options are f*cking useless. you want more power, buy a new car! stop f*cking with things that aren't meant to be f*cked with!
wow i wish i was cool

You sir, are a tool.

First off, this thread was OLD. Theres a reason why it died. Try checking dates before you post, if you can read. Which, after further examination of your post, I'm not all too sure that you can read.

Second, you have demonstrated that you know little to nothing about forced induction, so I won't even waste my time explaining myself there.

Back