engine swap help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mccannchnce

i need help, i have a 2000 honda accord with the f23a motor the clutch just went out, i want to swap the mptor anyways, what should i swap it too? :huh:

I'd say it'd be around 5-6k to just drop it off at a shop, and pick it up with a new engine.

If you wanna do some leg work you might be able to get out a bit cheaper.

so if i got quoted like 2k new h22 and for them to do all the work its a good deal? i have the manual 5 speed will the h22 bolt straight to it? the shop i called said they would call and give me a quote for the whole thing i drop it off and pick it up when its done

Is it family? Just wonder where the engine is coming from at that price.

Also, the computer for the H22 is different and finding a legit one without an immobilizer can be challenging.

A lot of places charge between 1 and 3k for labor on this job, and the engine is USUALLY between 2 and 3k for one in decent condition. So at that price i'd just say be cautious.

I mean this IS hondaswap.

Its a difference of about 50hp, so it is definitely a noticeable change. It's also a better platform to find upgrades for if you want to do anything.

If you'd like to have a nice reliable car to get you to and from work/school, then i'd just replace the clutch.

Back