engine swap help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Douchebag

ok im doing a b16 into a 88crx dx.... we have the new engine, ecu, harness modification info, tranny, shift linkage, and axles... what else do i need to make this work? v-tec module, vtec pressure switch, different throttle cable? where should i get the stuff? keep in mind that in our local junkyards, honda anything is impossible to find.

the motor is out, and the engine bay is painted, sooooo i would really appreciate this info quick. thanks in advance

ok if you guys have covered this already im sorry.... i just wanna be absolutly sure of this, ive only done prelude swaps, and im a little unsure of the civic information. SOOOOO if you already covered this and dont wanna talk about it just let me know where to look on the site here. thanks again guys.

you are going to need a mount kit, like Hasport, etc. - shift linkage that comes with a B16A from JDM engine importers will not work without modification

Last edited:
the clutch cable will probably need some modification, im using a throttle cable out of a 91 integra, avid sells a nice adjustable shift linkage thats not overly expensive... youll need a 2nd 02 sensor, and if you wanna make life easy with the radiator hoses Samco Sport has some nice ones that'll run you about $150 shipped

Back