Engine Swap Question!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TewSmooth18

alright I have a 1988 Honda Civic DX Sedan right now. I can get a 1980 something (not sure exact year) Honda Prelude with a 2.0 SI Engine for free. The Prelude was smashed into a poll but the engine is still good. Can somebody tell me if the 2.0 SI engine will fit in my 1988 Honda Civic DX Sedan? If it will what all will I have to change or will I be able to take parts like the ECU, Wire Harness Ect Ect from the prelude or will I have to buy all that shit?

i've never herd of anybody doing the swap, so i'd assume you'd have to have some custom mounts fab'd 'cause i doubt anybody makes them for that swap. the engine is a 'lil bastard child w/ nearly no aftermarket. plus the swap would be illegal if the engine is not the same year or newer than your car. in my oponion, don't do it. if you want performance, swap a b16.

The old-school Prelude 2.0 is the bastard b-series. NOTHING fits on it...I don't think you can even use a regular b-series tranny on it.

Back