engine swap to b16a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

psi

I had a finished my engine swap done a while ago. Problem now is that I do not know exactly which oil pan would fit on this block. The engine that I have is a b16a. Do I use a pan from a 99-00 Civic Si(B16A2) or a 94-95 Del Sol(B16A3)? I have already threaded the oil pan once already. But now it is dripping really bad out of the pan now. It is leaking from the drain plug. Thanks for any help or insight.

Yeah, I would get another pan for the b16. You can search ebay for a cheap one or buy a moroso pan which isnt that expensive and it comes with a nice magnetic drain plug also.

I found a Moroso oil pan but the freaking thing is back ordered until the 27th... Now my problem is that I need it soon. This oil leak is pretty bad. That is why I need to get a oil pan STAT. Does the oil pan from a B16A2/3 fit on mine which is a B16A...?

https://hondaswap.com/reference-materials/honda-engine-list-29128/

The link above shows that the Del Sol 94-95 is a B16A3 and the Civic Si 99-00 is a B16A2. I need to know if the oil pan from either of those would fit my B series block. If either of those work then I can go ahead and place the order in to get that part shipped to me. Any info would be much appreciated.

And no, my block is not either a A2 or A3. It is just stamped "b16a".

I found a Moroso oil pan but the freaking thing is back ordered until the 27th... Now my problem is that I need it soon. This oil leak is pretty bad. That is why I need to get a oil pan STAT. Does the oil pan from a B16A2/3 fit on mine which is a B16A...?

https://hondaswap.com/reference-materials/honda-engine-list-29128/

The link above shows that the Del Sol 94-95 is a B16A3 and the Civic Si 99-00 is a B16A2. I need to know if the oil pan from either of those would fit my B series block. If either of those work then I can go ahead and place the order in to get that part shipped to me. Any info would be much appreciated.

And no, my block is not either a A2 or A3. It is just stamped "b16a".

Yes, all of the b16 engines share the same oil pan. The number is just what generation it is. Any pan for a b16 engine will fit. Hope this helps.;)

Thanks. I already put a order in for a oil pan from the dealership. They do not have any in stock so it will be a few days for it to ship here. The parts dept. said that the oil pan part number is the same for the A2 and A3. So, hopefully it is the same for my "b16a" block. Thanks for the help.

Back