ENGINE SWAP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

philly

Hi guys, I would just like to know if a B20A motor would fit in a 89 civic SI? :lol:

dude, that engine is from a 1990 or so prelude, IT IS A BAD engine, it will NOT fit in ur engine comparment with any mounts that are mass produced u will have to weld it in or get custom mounts, it is a WAIST of money, has alot of mechanical problems as well as a horrible power output compared to all other B series engines. dont get this engine unless u want hours of headaches for messly gain. get a ZC over this engine anyday!

Actually to my understanding all B series to D series mounts such as a moutn kit for a REX with a B18 will work on the B20... it is still a B series... so it will fit, just put a better head on it, like the C1 or a B16 head and it should be a good engine, however I may be wrong

No, the B20A and the B20B/Z are very different beasts. They're still B blocks, but they're not the same...

b20a is the JDM 88-91 Prelude... it's prolly not the engine you are looking for. I have a b20a USDM, good tq for a Honda engine, but they aren't special.

BTW, b20a's are not horrible engines... I know people who have run high 12's on turbo, and low 12's with nitrous. Keep going with what you are saying - but low 12's on a 'crappy' engine.... yea, that's bad. :huh:

they ARE a shitty engine. they blow headgaskets and seals and leak oil like it's their job! please PLEASE don't try to tell me about preludes. lol it's a shitty engine, get over it.

it's not named the bastard b series for nothing!

and if u find me a link to a car running 12's on n2o or turbo ill take ur word they dont suck, but i bet 90% of those cars u say are running 12's on b20a's are actually running h22a's or b20b/z's

a3 or a5 if it's a 3 burn it if it's a 5 slap it in i think you'll like it 3's push 104 hp 5's push 135 stock

b20a sits differently in the engine bay...sits like an H22

not going to happen

get over it
crappy motor

get a b18a1

Back