Engine Swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kyleb66

Hey,

I'm new to the whole engine swapping thing and have no idea where to find the answers.. Sorry!!

I currently own a 1995 EG civic with a D16Z6 engine (I think...). I recently blew my engine and was looking at upgrading it. What engines would be a good, fairly easy, replacement?

I would also like to eventually turbo the engine.

Thanks in advance for all your help :)

Google is your friend. Try not to ask questions until you actually looked on the world wide web.

your d16z6 is a good motor and would stick with it. You can boost the shit out of it on stock sleeves with some internal work.

when you say blew your motor what did you do exactly. rod threw block, skipped timing, or it just wont start.

again if you google something once and don't see what you want, rearrange the words and google again. everything you want to do with your car has been done and is on the interwebs. google google google

Any B series would work. If I were you i'd go with a b18 non vtec or b20. Both should be fairly cheap and easy to find and bolt right in. If your planning on going turbo, correct me if i'm wrong but i heard the b18c don't work well with turbos. Besides they are a lot more expensive than the b18a/b and b20s. If you are looking for an even cheaper alternative any d15b engine would be even cheaper and work as well. You wouldn't be getting as much power as a b series, but you'd prob get better mileage and save money for a better turbo setup.

Back