Engine swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

t2phat

Whats good? I'm looking to snatch the engine outta my 88 prelude and throw it into something else. Looking for opinions on ways that are possible. Looking for all point of views because i wanna be different. Not neccesarily looking for the prelude to civic swap but if it comes down to that i'm more than willing. Not a super big fan of hondas but i want my honda to stand out. I thought about a 88 honda civic hatchback but wasn't sure if it would fit and that year of civic has only 4 gears. Would there be an issue switching the tranny or is there a tranny that has 5 gears for this civic? And if thats not the way to go what is? I like the prelude body but its hard to find one, full prelude, in good shape. I need ball joints for the front driver and rear passenger, the flex and cat disconnected, and i need an air compressor for the car. But I was told that the air compressor is around 300 new. My thought was just to get a new car that had engine trouble and just swap the engines. i'm not gonna say its cheaper but it would cost about the same. I know a honda isn't really meant for speed but i want my car to have balls. What to do What to do

just fix your lude. that motor won't go into anything else but a 3rd gen lude. but then again if you have the $$$ anything is possible. you could even shoehorn a long block V8 into a CRX. it's been done!

Whats good? I'm looking to snatch the engine outta my 88 prelude and throw it into something else. Looking for opinions on ways that are possible. Looking for all point of views because i wanna be different. Not neccesarily looking for the prelude to civic swap but if it comes down to that i'm more than willing. Not a super big fan of hondas but i want my honda to stand out. I thought about a 88 honda civic hatchback but wasn't sure if it would fit and that year of civic has only 4 gears. Would there be an issue switching the tranny or is there a tranny that has 5 gears for this civic? And if thats not the way to go what is? I like the prelude body but its hard to find one, full prelude, in good shape. I need ball joints for the front driver and rear passenger, the flex and cat disconnected, and i need an air compressor for the car. But I was told that the air compressor is around 300 new. My thought was just to get a new car that had engine trouble and just swap the engines. i'm not gonna say its cheaper but it would cost about the same. I know a honda isn't really meant for speed but i want my car to have balls. What to do What to do

WOW:mellow:

Back