Engine swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

0tgman

I have a 91 CRX facelift model EF6 just bought a 89 Tega XSI body stuffed but with a B16a engine with auto trans in mint condition.The motor in CRX is a 1500 dual carb model with auto trans.So the question is how easy is it to put B16a and box into CRX,any help would be much appreciated.Oh by the way I'm in New Zealand so if I need any extra parts for the conversion would need to source localy.Cheers.

Hasport Performance, Inc.

They make the best hybrid mounting kits, shift linkage, and other goodies.

It's a drop in motor with the right mounts, but the wiring is probably the hardest part of the swap(for some.).
Your best bet is to buy the kit Rywire.com carries and call it a day. It's a great setup, being plug and play, and has good step-by-step instructions.

Just spend the money on quality parts/hardware now, and save yourself the big headache later!

Seeing that I have the whole Tega I was going to swap the motor, loom etc over to the CRX is that not possible you say about buying mounts don't the CRX's fit or the Tega's could be used they look the same so what is the differance.Thanks for your quick reply.Cheers.

They may look the same, but it's the actual location, and how it holds the motor is the problem.

Since you have the entire car, you can use the motor/trans, axles/halfshaft, and ecu with no problems.
it will be easier to just use the wiring harness on the XSI in the rex than it would be to convert to MPFI on the original crx harness, just like your thinkin.

Ahh-soo... [/chinese accent]

Just buy a conversion harness from Rywire and see if he'll ship it over to the NZ for ya. ;)

Back