Engine Swapped, will not start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

runwithoneless

I just swapped a D15Z1 from a 92 civic vx into my 91 lx 4 door civic. Everything is done, but the car will not start. I have narrowed the problem down to the fact that the injectors are not firing. I have spark. I have fuel pressure. The injectors are swapped to OBD 0 peak and hold type (low impedence) because the 92-95 cars have saturated, high impedence injectors. The injectors always have power and the ecu is supposed to fire them, by grounding each injector. I have manually grounded an injector, and it does fire if you do that. Anyone have any Idea what could be wrong here? The ecu I am using is a pm6 out of my other civic, and it was just running, so I'm sure the computer is good.

check and see if the wires are in the correct order, and then buy a can of starting fluid, take the hose in front of the throttle body off and spray a whole bunch of ether in there (remember to open the butterfly valve so you can get the stuff in the intake manifold). Then get in the car and try and start it up, if it starts then dies, you got a fuel problem, if it doesn't start something else is screwed up.

Originally posted by wannaberacer@Apr 3 2005, 11:23 PM
check and see if the wires are in the correct order, and then buy a can of starting fluid, take the hose in front of the throttle body off and spray a whole bunch of ether in there (remember to open the butterfly valve so you can get the stuff in the intake manifold). Then get in the car and try and start it up, if it starts then dies, you got a fuel problem, if it doesn't start something else is screwed up.
[post=482376]Quoted post[/post]​

I have checked all the wiring...I did squirt fuel into the throttle body...and it does start and die...I have narrowed the problem down to the injectors not firing for some reason...

Originally posted by runwithoneless+Apr 4 2005, 12:45 AM-->
wannaberacer
@Apr 3 2005, 11:23 PM
[post=482376]Quoted post[/post]​

I have checked all the wiring...I did squirt fuel into the throttle body...and it does start and die...I have narrowed the problem down to the injectors not firing for some reason...
[post=482388]Quoted post[/post]​

you check the wire from the main relay to the ecu? maybe your wire are different going into the ecu? and for some reason its not grounding the injector?

is the distributor the same OBD as the ecu? the distributor has to be either the same OBD or newer then the ecu for it to make the car run. i know ur getting spark but i just had this problem and was getting spark also. i had the same simptons u have.

Back