Engine swapper EG in england

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondaboiii821

Hey everyone ive searched around for this but cant get no definate answers. I currently am running a UKDM civic lsi EG hatch. This has a D15b2 engine in it but i was told that this is running obd0 how hard would a mini me to a d16z6 be and also how hard would a B16 complete changeover from hmotors be. I know this question may have been asked before but i cant get no definate answers thanks for any help.

Sorry about that my car is a 1993 i have also seen obd0 to obd1 harnesses would it be a good idea to do that before the engine swap.

your car is a obd1 the d16 will drop right in and bolt right up and the b series will go in with motor mounts.. both good swaps and easy

Thanks for that i was told that all EGs were obd1 it was just that i was told by sum1 ellse that mine was obd0 because it had a d15b2 dpfi in it it which are obd0 engines. But thanks for advice i will be getting motor sent out soon but do you know any companies that will ship to england as i have found a couple. I was looking at hmotors or tigerjapanese i know that i will get what i want from hmotors bet tigerjapanese seem to be cheaper do you know anything about them. thanks again.

your car is a obd1 the d16 will drop right in and bolt right up and the b series will go in with motor mounts.. both good swaps and easy

No, it isn't. The LSi is a weird obd 0, obd 1 hybrid, trust me, I freaked when I pulled a OBD 0 ECU out of a 93 chassis. We had one in our yard before I left, looking it over you have to do the same electrical conversion as if it were OBD 0, with some difference at the fuse box, I do not know them, the chassis part of teh swap should be a straight up swap though, we abandonded the idea before getting into it. Of couse this was a German model, which I believe is the same as the UK one. You can pull out your ECU and compare the ports to the pictures in teh reference section.

No, it isn't. The LSi is a weird obd 0, obd 1 hybrid, trust me, I freaked when I pulled a OBD 0 ECU out of a 93 chassis. We had one in our yard before I left, looking it over you have to do the same electrical conversion as if it were OBD 0, with some difference at the fuse box, I do not know them, the chassis part of teh swap should be a straight up swap though, we abandonded the idea before getting into it. Of couse this was a German model, which I believe is the same as the UK one. You can pull out your ECU and compare the ports to the pictures in teh reference section.
well he is over seas so im guessing you are to ??,, so im just going by normal usa obd standard..and i thought it was the same for all places but i could be wrong

Not anymore, but I lived in Germany for 5.5 years :)

Nope, the LSi is a euro model, I believe there's a japanese version, probably the MX, but if so it has a different motor

Thanks for that info about the obd ive been thinkin about the swap and have run into sum money problems so i think im just goin to be changing my car to mpfi which shouldnt be 2 hard. But in the near future i will be gdoing this change and have found a obd0 dpfi to obd1 mpfi wiring harness so i will be buying that from Boomslang Fabrication - Wire Harnesses for Fine Automobiles and then just use an obd1 motor. Thanks for all your help tho and when i go on to do the motor swap i will put up pics. Thanks

Back