engine swaps

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

thiebert

i have a 90 civic si and i am looking to swap for horsepower gains. Does anyone have any good suggestions for swaps into my car that dont require any welding or major changes to engin compartment. Also i would like to use my existing transmission. I am new at all this so all the help i can get would be greatly appreciated. Looking to spend about 1k - 1200 USD give or take at this time. I am vert mechanicly capable of the work but a lot of you guys seem like you have a lot more knowledge about mods than i do.
thx guys and gurls
P.S. i got a hook up on a d16z6 but sounds like the guy is a bit shady he says its out of a 2k civic but i never heard of that engine in a 2k. Can someone please let me know if i should punch this guy or fork out the cash?

for 1000-1200, you could do an LS or ZC complete swap. id save a little more up and get a more powerful engine. why would you want to reuse your tranny?

the D16Z6 was from the 92-95 civic/del sol

2k would be a D16Y8

the guy is a crack head

i would go with a B18A in that car
maybe try to get a cable B16 tranny too
fuck VTEC you dont need it if you simply build the engine up a little
(ie: high compression pistons, PnP head, agressive cams, springs/retainers, etc...)

if you go with B series you gotta get some hasport or some other custom mounts and shiftlinkage for your car.

thx for the heads up on the d16 i thought the guy was trying to screw me!
I guess its not a big deal if i reuse my tranny but i just thought i would rather put the money into the engine. I am getting a centerforce cause it needs a clutch anyway plus it is just gonna be a fun car to zip around in the winter its not my real baby. like a step child!

from 1998 d16y7 to 1999 b18c1 GS-R

hello, im trying to figure out which hasport motor mounts i need.. i have a 98 civic lx 4dr and im converting to a 99 gsr engine.. i looked on hasport.com and found 2 possible mounting kits.. the dcstk and the egstk mounts. would it be a 3 bolt or 2 bolt mount.. better yet could someone just help me?? i need to know so i can go ahead and order the mounts asap!!! im in iraq and about to go home and rebuild my civ. thanks.

i have a b16a swap in my 90 crx si and i love it. had to get hasport mounts but got a good trany from a junk yard for 60-70 bucks. motor mounts ran me a little bit but they were deffiently a good choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back