1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

engine swaps

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by thiebert, Nov 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thiebert

thiebert Senior Member

i have a 90 civic si and i am looking to swap for horsepower gains. Does anyone have any good suggestions for swaps into my car that dont require any welding or major changes to engin compartment. Also i would like to use my existing transmission. I am new at all this so all the help i can get would be greatly appreciated. Looking to spend about 1k - 1200 USD give or take at this time. I am vert mechanicly capable of the work but a lot of you guys seem like you have a lot more knowledge about mods than i do.
    thx guys and gurls
    P.S. i got a hook up on a d16z6 but sounds like the guy is a bit shady he says its out of a 2k civic but i never heard of that engine in a 2k. Can someone please let me know if i should punch this guy or fork out the cash?

2. ek9r

ek9r Senior Member

for 1000-1200, you could do an LS or ZC complete swap. id save a little more up and get a more powerful engine. why would you want to reuse your tranny?

3. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

the D16Z6 was from the 92-95 civic/del sol

2k would be a D16Y8

the guy is a crack head

i would go with a B18A in that car
    maybe try to get a cable B16 tranny too
    fuck VTEC you dont need it if you simply build the engine up a little
    (ie: high compression pistons, PnP head, agressive cams, springs/retainers, etc...)

4. highperboi

highperboi Senior Member

if you go with B series you gotta get some hasport or some other custom mounts and shiftlinkage for your car.

5. thiebert

thiebert Senior Member

thx for the heads up on the d16 i thought the guy was trying to screw me!
    I guess its not a big deal if i reuse my tranny but i just thought i would rather put the money into the engine. I am getting a centerforce cause it needs a clutch anyway plus it is just gonna be a fun car to zip around in the winter its not my real baby. like a step child!

6. tximportguy

tximportguy New Member

from 1998 d16y7 to 1999 b18c1 GS-R

hello, im trying to figure out which hasport motor mounts i need.. i have a 98 civic lx 4dr and im converting to a 99 gsr engine.. i looked on hasport.com and found 2 possible mounting kits.. the dcstk and the egstk mounts. would it be a 3 bolt or 2 bolt mount.. better yet could someone just help me?? i need to know so i can go ahead and order the mounts asap!!! im in iraq and about to go home and rebuild my civ. thanks.

7. NFini2

NFini2 New Member

i have a b16a swap in my 90 crx si and i love it. had to get hasport mounts but got a good trany from a junk yard for 60-70 bucks. motor mounts ran me a little bit but they were deffiently a good choice.

8. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

make your own threads guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.