Engine swaps

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CALHK666

i know this sounds kinda dumb but i'm new to this. i just got a 1996 Integra RS and i want to tune it. money is not an issue but i also don't want to go around doing a bunch of modding to my car. what engines does my car fit? (without changing engine mounts) i know it has an [1.8L 4 cylinder B18B1 NON-VTEC] engine in it but i want to put a VTEC and a turbo in it. which engine shoud i get?

GSR (B18C1) swaps are easy and relatively inexpensive
you could also look into building your own LSVTEC
pretty much any of the B swaps will drop right in with minimal work... all you will have to do is wire up VTEC and the secondary butterflies (for a GSR swap)

GSR (B18C1) swaps are easy and relatively inexpensive
you could also look into building your own LSVTEC
pretty much any of the B swaps will drop right in with minimal work... all you will have to do is wire up VTEC and the secondary butterflies (for a GSR swap)

RIF-Logo-blue_large.gif

you could keep your engine and just put a b16-b18 head on it swaps are not limited you could put mostly any engine in any car just if you have the right amount of money and also i recommend you change your motor mounts anyway because its not gonna be able to handle that much power when you turbo it =p trust me i seen it happen to my brothers 460whp type r

would that be the same size motor mounts just reinforced ones? or would they be different size if i'm still gonna put a B series engine in it?

would that be the same size motor mounts just reinforced ones? or would they be different size if i'm still gonna put a B series engine in it?

You could also do a DIY polyurethane mount filler on your stock mounts rather than buying aftermarket. Just an option that I have been looking into trying myself.

the polyurethane filler sounds kinda sketchy... not that it wouln't work but not something i would try =)

Back