1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

engine too rich, too lean????????

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by khai_tuan_nguyen, Aug 5, 2003.

1. khai_tuan_nguyen

khai_tuan_nguyen Senior Member

The SWAP: B20b w/ b16 head & vtec. When the car starts and idles and i give it a little gas to warm it up the idle drops and almost shuts off and then goes back up (Only when i first start it and it is not warmed up) It contines to do this until it is warmed up and then it revs fine. If i shut the engine off and start it right back up it is fine. When i drive it is fine. I have reved to 6500 perfectly fine and smootly. What do you guys think. Rich? Lean? or something else?

Thanks

2. kingwilly

kingwilly Senior Member

let the car warm up before you drive it and when you first start it up its not good to go revving it up wait until the oil has time to circulate

3. khai_tuan_nguyen

Thanks for the advice, but what i mean is when i start it up i only rev it to like 1500 or even less just to give it some gas, but it boggs down and then idles up. When i said i rev it to 6500 i meant when it is warmed up (trying to say that if it was too rich or lean all around then it might cut out or something, but it doesn't). So is it normal for the car to bog down when i first start it and give it a tiny bit of gas in neutral, not driving.

4. khai_tuan_nguyen

any ideas? My friend thinks it might be the fuel pressure regulator.

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

why do you even have a FPR? leave it at 38-42. stock. you have no need for more than a low 40s pressure.

6. khai_tuan_nguyen

Alright thanks for the advice sol. i have the GSR ecu that redlines at 8000, when i was breking it in the engine cuts out at my old rpm of 6700. Any ideas? Is my fuel to lean. I am running 240 cc injectors. Also when i am in 4th gear at high rpms i hear a rattling or almost pinging sound from the engine bay.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted