Engine Trouble

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

haccord141

hay guys, yesterday when i was driving to and from work my i heard a popping sound it was kinda loud. it happens when i push down on the gas pedal, but i don't floor it, it sounds like a cylinder is not fireing properly, but i have new spark plugs, they are bosch+4, and older apc spark plug wires, i think it is the spark plug wires that are not carring the current the the plugs but i am not sure help me on this one guys.

Originally posted by haccord141@Apr 8 2003, 09:50 AM
i have new spark plugs, they are bosch+4, and older apc spark plug wires

Those are your two problems right there.

APC is shite. Bosch products are notorious for not working well in Hondas.

Although it could be any number of other problems.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Apr 8 2003, 10:31 AM
haha alright. I don't exactly know my shit about spark plugs. I was just reminding in case.

No worries. Have you seen the design of the tops of those plugs? If not, you should go to your local parts store, or look online. Wouldn't be too easy to gap 'em. They're called +4 for a reason. :D

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Apr 8 2003, 12:01 PM-->
haccord141
@Apr 8 2003, 09:50 AM
i have new spark plugs, they are bosch+4, and older apc spark plug wires

Those are your two problems right there.

APC is shite. Bosch products are notorious for not working well in Hondas.

Although it could be any number of other problems.

i have bosch paltinum +4's in my engine with MSD superconductor wires. no problems what so ever <_<

i have bosch paltinum +4's in my engine with MSD superconductor wires. no problems what so ever
liquid00meth Posted on Apr 8 2003, 12:35 PM

good luck! :p

hey guys could it possibly be that my fuel pump is out, seeing that when i push on the gas peddal it some times backfires and a popping sound happens, so i let off the gas and then press it again and it won't do it, but it is totaly random, and i was at a stop light the other day and it stalled, so i am thinking that it is either the fuel pump that went out, or my fuel rail might be clogged, if anyone has had this problem let me know what u did to fix it thanx.

peace

my brother was having the same problem, when he looked at his fuel filter it was leaking like a siv.

Back