engine trouble

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

singleslamm

I am in way over my head i have a 2000 honda civic si with a freshly built ls/vtec motor in it. runs great but now all of a sudden the car will just sit at 1500 rpms and act like its at the rev limiter and there is no power the only thing to do is restart the car which only then does go away but it will come back with no warning and it only does it sometimes I need lots of help this is my daily driver and i feel like I am going crazy. Tryed throttle body cleaner, replaced map sensor and checked all fluids what the hell please help???????????

You never got it tuned after you build it?

I built the motor and gave it to my little brother he had it installed and then sold the car to me it has always idled like crap but never got a tune the guys at the tune shop said it wouldn't be needed cuz of the response the motor had to the stock ecu. What could be cuasing this problem honda said its the air idle control valve is this possible i've never had one go bad before

Back