1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine Trouble

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by Jayamashey, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Jayamashey

Jayamashey Junior Member

Need some help with an engine problem.

I completed a B16A SIR2 swap in the fall. Everything was running great until the weekend.

I drove it about 30 miles (50km) and it ran fine. Then i washed it and sprayed the engine bay down just with the hose. Then some guy came over and test drove it by himself (I am selling).

After he got back I started it and the engine is now studdering (especially in lower RPM). It feels like its misfiring and definately underpowered, but I am not getting any codes. When I accelerate in neutral and hit 4000-5000 RPM it makes a terrible noise (almost like loose heatshields), but over is better. It seems to shake/shudder alot in the lower RPMs when gas is given. Idle sounds OK but is a little more rough then normal but doen't have the shudder.

Any ideas?

BTW: Plugs, wires, dizzy, timing belt, O2 - are all 3 months old and worked well.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2007
  2. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

it sounds like water got in something mabe the dizzy cap

3. TheManRSW

TheManRSW TheManRSW

^^^ pull the distributer cap and make sure all is dry.

4. Jayamashey

Jayamashey Junior Member

Thanks, but that was the first thing i check and it was dry.

Also car almost bogs to a stall on idle . But runs better in the higher RPMs (over 5000).

Last edited: Apr 24, 2007
  5. jason22ga

jason22ga jason91si

take your spark plug wires out off the head and see if you got water in the spark plug holes mine done the same thing when i washed my engine hope this helps

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted