Engine Trouble

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jayamashey

Need some help with an engine problem.

I completed a B16A SIR2 swap in the fall. Everything was running great until the weekend.

I drove it about 30 miles (50km) and it ran fine. Then i washed it and sprayed the engine bay down just with the hose. Then some guy came over and test drove it by himself (I am selling).

After he got back I started it and the engine is now studdering (especially in lower RPM). It feels like its misfiring and definately underpowered, but I am not getting any codes. When I accelerate in neutral and hit 4000-5000 RPM it makes a terrible noise (almost like loose heatshields), but over is better. It seems to shake/shudder alot in the lower RPMs when gas is given. Idle sounds OK but is a little more rough then normal but doen't have the shudder.

Any ideas?

BTW: Plugs, wires, dizzy, timing belt, O2 - are all 3 months old and worked well.

Last edited:
Thanks, but that was the first thing i check and it was dry.

Also car almost bogs to a stall on idle . But runs better in the higher RPMs (over 5000).

Last edited:
take your spark plug wires out off the head and see if you got water in the spark plug holes mine done the same thing when i washed my engine hope this helps

Back