engine warning light

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GlassHeadlights

West West Yall
i got a 90 civic si, used to be auto swaped it to manual got mechanical stuff workin and reverse lights (other threads) i had to change out the ecu to a manual si tranny ecu because it ran like crap on account of (i think) the lock up control solenoid valve on the auto tranny and its not there on the manual tranny. so i drove it for about 8 miles no problem then the engine warning light came on. so i turned it off then on again and the light went off and i continued driving. now every time the light comes on after about 2 miles or if you hold it at 2000 rpm. then the light comes on then i turn off the car and turn it on again then it barely runs (sounds like its running on 3 cylnders) the ecu flashes once (oxygen sensor) so i changed it out and no difference. then i tried a 89 si ecu and it flashes 19 times (lock up control solenoid valve). i looked at my dads 91 si and the ecu wires are exactly the same. I AM STUMPED!! sorry for the long story can i please have some help?

i figured it out, when i did the swap and unpluged the wires they broke due to corrosion so i never fixed it corectly and the car never thought the o2 sensor was never there, anyway its fixed and works perfect!

Back