engine wil crank but won't turn over

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i got a jdm b16a motor, clutchmaster lightened flytwheel, exedy stage 2 clutch, s1 cable tranny when i turn the key, the starter will crank but will make loud winding noise. and i get no spark...i think i should replace the starter but don't know which one to get??? i know it need to be a cable one but is there a difference on cable and hydro starter??? need help here

Originally posted by alldriverSiR@Mar 18 2004, 04:23 AM
i got a jdm b16a motor, clutchmaster lightened flytwheel, exedy stage 2 clutch, s1 cable tranny when i turn the key, the starter will crank but will make loud winding noise. and i get no spark...i think i should replace the starter but don't know which one to get??? i know it need to be a cable one but is there a difference on cable and hydro starter??? need help here

the winding noise is because the starter solenoid isn't kicking the gears out to hit the flywheel. 90-93 integra starter will work for you. you won't get any spark because the motor isn't turning, therefore the intake cam isn't spinning the distributor and the rotor isn't making any contact with the cap to make spark.

Back