engine wont start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i think the engine is obd1 but like i said im going off of a pic so i could be wrong im bout to give up lol

B18A1 is obd0, and nothing in the dizzy will stop the fuel pump. did you check the wires inside the fuel pump assembly they usually dry up and crack. I found one before that wasn't making good connection in the pump assembly..

No....it can be OBD1 too....look it up. PR4 can be either OBD0 or OBD1.

Is there a service plug under the glove box/dash? (like my OBD1 EG shell) If so....put a wire on both sides to jump it and that will make the CEL on the dash flash the code.

will try that its a 97ex so the service plug is on the passenger side if i get codes can u tell me what they r

There might be two plugs (my EG had two) If so....the smaller one is the service connector and it is the one to connect together. Make sure you get it on the metal connection

yeah we did that and nothing funny thing is i found out when he first got the car they were running a p2p on that engine and thats crazy anyways i sent him to the junk yard to find and uncut ls harness to see if we can make something happen today

also can anyone get me swap wiring info for 97 ex with and b18a1 obd1 cause if they come back with the harness gonna try and do it right this time

You need another EK harness. LS harness only goes from the engine sensors to the shock tower but an EK harness goes all the way to the ECU....One piece. But you will run into problems with the dizzy, injectors and alternator b/c the plugs will be different. You can splice them in or get OBD2A Dizzy, Alt, Injectors for a B18B1

Back