Engine wont turn off

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Infamousd42

I've just had my b16a2 swapped into my 94 civic si. Turns up fine, but when I turn the car TI the off position, the engine continues to run. Never had this problem in my 93ex with the same engine. Only mods I've put on it since the swap was a after market lighted crank pulley, and after market steering wheel and quick release kit. The mechanic wants to swap the steering column, but I think he just wants to get more money out of me, I put the steering wheel on so I wonder if I can fix it. Anybody ever encountered this, any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Alright, a recent post on this... I am having same issue; It has not been doing it the whole time, just started recently. I take the key out and the engine continues to run... I have tried new ignition switch and PGM-FI relay. I get same result. I have undone the last several things (in the wiring) that I did before this started happening. I can disconnect the PGM-FI relay, distributor, and/or passenger tower plug (injectors) plugs to kill the engine. I am currently running P75 stock map (J1 un-jumped) and custom map (J1 jumped) and a PR4 the same way(s). I am doing a Moates Demon real time emulation very soon, but this needs to be fixed first. I am at a loss, and need some input from the whole world now..lol
Started throwing code 16 yesterday I just ohm checked my RC310 injectors, all 4 16.0 ohms. Not sure if this is related (seems like it could be), I was expecting to find an unwanted feed (12v) or short or unwanted ground, but I cannot find anything. I even unhooked the radio head unit and subs I hooked up... More ideas...??? THANKS...

no man. its a transformer. cant shut them down. lol. but in seriousness. sounds like ignition switch to me.

Man, Those are the 2 first things I went for main relay and the ignition switch... I got new from the ZONE and tried both at same time (the new ones) and I tried them one at a time... I didnt hook the switch to the tumbler, just turned it with a screw driver... Im looking over my injector, iacv, ect.. wiring right now and have not found anything that is wrong...! This car man I tell you. got a gremlin maybe I need a harley bell...lol

Back