Engine Wont Turn

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EPIKMC

91RexSi
ok i'm having more problems with my car the other day i heard a knocking in my engine anc yesterday it just stopped i';m thinking i have a bent lifter rod and it stopped my cam from turning. is there anything i can do to know if that is it for sure? i'm gonna pop my head off now and see but any help would be awesome.

ok got every thing off and found out my timing belt broke now i'm trying to get my fing crank shaft pully off and how the f do i get it off its on there so tight and i have to get it off to get my timing belt cover off to put the new one on. please if anyone has any advice on how to get that off please help me

ok got every thing off and found out my timing belt broke now i'm trying to get my fing crank shaft pully off and how the f do i get it off its on there so tight and i have to get it off to get my timing belt cover off to put the new one on. please if anyone has any advice on how to get that off please help me

It's difficult as hell. I use a breaker bar and I "Snap" it in both directions to free it up. I have tried to use pry bars and screwdrivers and shit, it doesn't work, don't even try.

And of course, get the key out of the pulley - and DON'T LOSE IT.

By snap, I mean, build up your mojo and give the breaker bar a good whack. Hammer (Not on a breaker bar) also helps. Everytime I Get one out, it's due to applying Finesse, not horsepower.

Back