engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
so, what again is the point of being able to go above 120? i don't think any of us are helping this guy. maybe he will get bored with hondas or cars in general and take up something different.

ok i will try to help... but the word 'fast' rubs me wrong. read this guy's thread and get a FEEL for his approach to his new honda. start reading about your car and see what other people are doing. ask reasonable questions about things you learn. that is my advice for tuning your honda. :)

https://hondaswap.com/civic-crx-ef/91-civic-hatch-test-drive-need-advice-101510/

i already know what im gonna do :p

hehe thanks for the help tho.
cuz the car i wanna make quicker is my everyday car so why mess it up :p
b18c with headers, intake, exhaust and chipped ecu. then if i want more ill boost it but if i like it ill keep it where its at.
it comes with 35k miles on it so thats a plus the engine i got now has 205k :p YIKES

This is something I feel strongly about and I see no need to calm down. Every responsible Honda owner who just so happens to modify their car is treated like shit because of idiots who feel the need to play John Force on the streets. Then there's the fact that kids kill themselves doing stupid shit like this on a very regular basis. I won't help someone kill themselves or someone else.

I only help people who are willing to help themselves and don't act like total morons. I actually had given this person a fair amount of help until this point. The problem is that he doesn't want to learn. He just wants someone to tell him what do to so he can uber-cool pwning all the people who laugh at him for being the fucktard that he is.

And I also care enough to make sure that accurate information is given out, as do all of the knowledgeable people here. HondaSwap.com prided itself on that long before I joined.

None of this has anything to do with being bitter, although you at least picked a new reason for me to not have to be nice to everyone I meet. See, that's the thing right there. I don't feel the need to be a people pleaser who's nice to everyone. ;)

There are a lot of, how can I put this.... "teenagers" out here who have been around the street racing element and grew onto it. I know I started out that way. I was a "ricer" for two years, until I got sick of getting beat by swapped hondas at the track. I stopped street racing 4 years ago. Now, people I know from the street have my number. If they find someone willing to donate, which is usually a close knit group of people who like to compete against friends, not EVERY single car they see on the street, they give me a call and see if I wanna lock it up for cash. But as you might know, englishtown raceway(among many others in the US) is closed until April. I prefer the track, you can race for money there, its legit, track rules, you red light you lose etc. etc. Like I said before, I am not John Force, but my name IS John :D.

Sorry kid, I still refuse to help much, all you did was read what people posted and pretty much just assumed we were going to tell you the correct answer. You still didn't do any research. You just thought,"yea, that's gonna be fast, I'm gonna try to smoke my neighbors 5.0 now"

Even if you did go with what was suggested, you'll be right back asking "how do I tell this is a GSR and how to I put it in my car"

You're obviously one of those kids who's gonna do 150 down the highway without a care in the world. You're just trying to say what we want to hear just to get what information you want.

Chipping the ECU is pointless at this point, it raises the redline which does nothing for a stock motor except hurt it. It removes the governor (speed limiter) which is something you need to stay away from.

Intakes gains are minimal to nothing on these little motors, especially stock. An exhaust is a good investment, but with the knowledge it seems you have, you'd end up buying a 3 1/2"er just because it's big and loud. Do you know what the purpose of a header is? Do you know what the advantages to the different styles are?

You give Honda a bad name

Chipping the ECU is pointless at this point, it raises the redline which does nothing for a stock motor except hurt it. It removes the governor (speed limiter) which is something you need to stay away from.

Chipping an ecu doesnt just change those aspects, they also change vtec crossover and maps as well but running this ecu is pointless on a stock engine with bolt-ons.

You're just trying to say what we want to hear just to get what information you want. And obviously he's too lazy to search and find out that everything he needs is already on here.

with the knowledge it seems you have, you'd end up buying a 3 1/2"er the same length as your penis just because it's big and loud

I know what you mean those huge tips are rediculous I can't WAIT to replace the one that I bought the car with. It's at least 4".

Look as far as installing the engine just go buy the book they sell at auto parts stores and it will tell you all you need to know for year, make and model of civic. They also sell books on how to build a motor for a civic. Here are a few to look for to start you on the right track of learning. Read it does your mind good.

Honda Engine Swaps
Honda/Acura Engine Performance
[FONT=Arial, Times]High Performance Honda Builder's Handbook Volume 1-- Revised[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Times]High Performance Honda Builder's Handbook Volume II[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Times][FONT=Arial, Times]Sport Compact Turbos & Blowers[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Times][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Times]You can buy them all Here: CarTech, Inc.: Browsing Sport Compact

[/FONT]

No no, people like him won't read a real book. That answer would take too long and he'd learn something.

Plus he wants to do 170 mph on the street, so he needs a low comp all motor D15 with 18's, a big wing and a body kit. Now that's where it's at. I wish I could do that to my civic.

To each their own, I prefer a stock or close to stock looking car.

Honestly 17s are too big for a civic older than 05. 16's would be the biggest I'd put on one. If I ever put some new wheels on the 07, they'll probably be the stock 16's.

I have 15 konig featherlights for the track, 16 tsw for winter and 17 vsr for summer. I like the stock look also but that is why I have a 91 civic si for, this one is more of a let it go one for me. but lets get back to the thread at hand. I would hope he would look up the books and start learning alittle about motors and how they work. There are enough guides out there to get enough info to start your questions on another level than I want to do 170 on the highway. reading is GOOD

Last edited:
Oh I also have(the wifes car) a 93 miata we built with very little body mods. Sorry had to drop that one in there.

If you chip the ecu with bolt ons and have it dyno tuned you might be able to squeeze some extra hp out of it. Not much but a little however chipping the ecu does open up the tuning ability of the ecu for future upgrades. It is a good thing to have done now even if you are running the stock map because then atleast that is out of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back