engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry kid, I still refuse to help much, all you did was read what people posted and pretty much just assumed we were going to tell you the correct answer. You still didn't do any research. You just thought,"yea, that's gonna be fast, I'm gonna try to smoke my neighbors 5.0 now"

Even if you did go with what was suggested, you'll be right back asking "how do I tell this is a GSR and how to I put it in my car"

You're obviously one of those kids who's gonna do 150 down the highway without a care in the world. You're just trying to say what we want to hear just to get what information you want.

Chipping the ECU is pointless at this point, it raises the redline which does nothing for a stock motor except hurt it. It removes the governor (speed limiter) which is something you need to stay away from.

Intakes gains are minimal to nothing on these little motors, especially stock. An exhaust is a good investment, but with the knowledge it seems you have, you'd end up buying a 3 1/2"er just because it's big and loud. Do you know what the purpose of a header is? Do you know what the advantages to the different styles are?

You give Honda a bad name

lol how about you calm down & stop yelling.
before even posting this thread i was already lookin at getting just a stock b18c then puttin headers,intake,exhaust and so on.
i asked people what i should do if that wasnt a good swap.

No no, people like him won't read a real book. That answer would take too long and he'd learn something.

Plus he wants to do 170 mph on the street, so he needs a low comp all motor D15 with 18's, a big wing and a body kit. Now that's where it's at. I wish I could do that to my civic.

lmao u obviously cant read. as i said earlier idc about the 170 mph. before posting this i wanted it but reading everyones stuff its complete opposite. & yes if i had a book to look how to put a swap in i would read it. how about you quit tryin to start an argument. thanks.

Look as far as installing the engine just go buy the book they sell at auto parts stores and it will tell you all you need to know for year, make and model of civic. They also sell books on how to build a motor for a civic. Here are a few to look for to start you on the right track of learning. Read it does your mind good.

Honda Engine Swaps
Honda/Acura Engine Performance
[FONT=Arial, Times]High Performance Honda Builder's Handbook Volume 1-- Revised[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Times]High Performance Honda Builder's Handbook Volume II[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Times][FONT=Arial, Times]Sport Compact Turbos & Blowers[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Times]You can buy them all Here: CarTech, Inc.: Browsing Sport Compact[/FONT]

:p thanks

lol how about you calm down & stop yelling.
before even posting this thread i was already lookin at getting just a stock b18c then puttin headers,intake,exhaust and so on.
i asked people what i should do if that wasnt a good swap.

Really?
Who typed this then?

I'm wanting to get at least 150 mph out of my car
what engine could i put in what turbo or s/c should i get what headers what intake. and what other shit could i do to get that.

im really confused on what to do.

lmao u obviously cant read. as i said earlier idc about the 170 mph. before posting this i wanted it but reading everyones stuff its complete opposite. & yes if i had a book to look how to put a swap in i would read it. how about you quit tryin to start an argument. thanks.
Right, First you say 150, then you learn that there's a trans that is capable of 170. Let me quote that for ya.

im wanting to get at least 150 mph out of my car
i can catch 170mph with different ecu charger and chip?

You're a moron, I was stating my opinion. Now I'm saying you're a moron.
You can't prove me wrong, don't waste your time cause I already know you're a moron.

Last edited:
Really?
Who typed this then?

Right, First you say 150, then you learn that there's a trans that is capable of 170. Let me quote that for ya.

Read it. He said before posting. While posting he changed his mind and wanted 150 mph and a turbo. ;)

I did read it and am aware of that he changed his mind..... after everyone started bashing him.

I'll hold on my statement that he's a moron

Last edited:
People learn from there mistates so lay off him. Yes, what the post started off as was stupid as hell. I hope thru our discussions he has truely changed his mind. As for the opening statement he made himself out to be a moron but with time his mind was changed and I hope he saw the light. People kill people, not there cars so keep it safe and learn before posting outlandish titles.

Oh yeah. You've sure got it all figured out all right. Not even the slightest clue that all-motor and forced induction builds are completely different.

I have zero respect for people like you. Sorry.

I have nothing against the occasional stop light or freeway race if things are clear, but what you're talking about is what gives us all a bad name.

No, tuning the ECU does that. Chipping just allows you use a custom EPROM with the tuned maps and other changes.

Sorry you must live inside a box. We live different lives, as for whether you respect me I could care less. I'm not going build and engine and spend all that money and risk breaking it racing for fun at a stoplight or a freeway if there is no traffic. It's not a cheap hobby. As far as the ecu chipping goes, last time i checked, when people get their ecu's chipped, they are chipped with the maps changed or they are chipped with a program like crome/neptune/hondata for tuning in real time via usb.

Get off my cock already, its getting annoying.

People learn from there mistates so lay off him. Yes, what the post started off as was stupid as hell. I hope thru our discussions he has truely changed his mind. As for the opening statement he made himself out to be a moron but with time his mind was changed and I hope he saw the light. People kill people, not there cars so keep it safe and learn before posting outlandish titles.

oh well damn hes lucky i didnt even get that....people just flamed me for the hell of it :]

Really?
Who typed this then?

You're a moron, I was stating my opinion. Now I'm saying you're a moron.
You can't prove me wrong, don't waste your time cause I already know you're a moron.
\

lmao you seriously cant read. i think i said that before reading everyones posts? am i right, i thought so.

your a moron

i also went to barns and nobles today and sat there for a copule hours reading books on headers, intakes, engine swaps, turbos, s/c, learned alot i understand when you say reaserch. helps out alot. i finally know what headers do. how a turbo works and stuff. what the difference between the two chargers are. stuff about intakes. sumed up alot of the engine swaps. didnt really find anything about ecu's tho. :p

I congratulate you for reading but you don't know who you're talking to. I can tell you one thing, I definitely didn't post about doing 170 mph.... ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back