english please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Who cares, its the internet. Sure its fun to make fun of others, but I'd chaulk it up to being lazy more than anything.

Yeah, I guess, but it still annoys me for some reason. When I open a thread and see a bunch of "dis" and "dat" my brain just shuts off for some reason...

Yeah, I guess, but it still annoys me for some reason. When I open a thread and see a bunch of "dis" and "dat" my brain just shuts off for some reason...

Glad to know I'm not the only one :D

It really is annoying. Not to mention it's damn near impossible to understand what is being said.

i do my best to make sure my spelling and grammar is proper, but i dont care to capitalize anything. i do it all day at work just takes too long.

School worked for me. Don't know about everyone else.

PS: By my sentences, you can tell that the school was obviously not good. :D

Capitalizing is instinct for me. Honestly, I cannot help it. I even write cursive too!

Capitalizing is instinct for me. Honestly, I cannot help it. I even write cursive too!

Same for me. I can't NOT capitalize things. If I could turn this off somehow and allow myself to get lazy when I'm on forums then I would, but I just can't do it...

well i know i've not hit shift in a while. i still punctuate though.

i remember the day i decided i was not going to capitalize in my personal correspondence; at first it felt all kinds of wrong, but then i was grinning by about paragraph two because i was typing faster, concentrating less, and thinking more about what i wanted to write next. it felt like a faster connection between my brain and my hands.

never went back.

:shrug2:

Last edited:
yeah it's kinda nice. the only problem is that it is a better connection to your thought process, so sometimes your thoughts get all jumbled. happens to me all the time.

i wonder if not capitalizing is making me spend more time reviewing what i write.

yeah it's kinda nice. the only problem is that it is a better connection to your thought process, so sometimes your thoughts get all jumbled. happens to me all the time.

i wonder if not capitalizing is making me spend more time reviewing what i write.

Same for me. I can't NOT capitalize things. If I could turn this off somehow and allow myself to get lazy when I'm on forums then I would, but I just can't do it...

I stop capitalizing things when I'm either drunk or way too tired to even give a shit. lol

I can still spell though, I have to be pretty close to passing out before I stop caring about spelling.

i have an obsession with periods ... .. see.. hahah

If I'm drunk, its really hard for me to remember to not go back through and fix my mistakes so I don't get "this thread sucks, you're not drunk, buzzed at best".

that happends to me all the time that sometimes i will miss words..

Typically, I have impeccable grammar when I am sober. In contrast, I rarely go on here without a couple beers under my belt.

edit: I suck at grammar.

Last edited:
Alcohol or not, I capitalize and for some reason try to use proper grammar, even though I'm drunk. Hell, I just took a "quad" shot of alcohol a couple minutes ago. My grammar is not bad, is it?

Even then, many of my friends say I talk white(I'm asian for those that do not know), though I grew up with black people/around ghetto people. Also, even where I work(Elster Electricity), people comment on how good my English is. Though, it's mainly southern people that work there. Come to think about it, I'm probably the only person that speaks "normal" English there(no southern accent or any accent at all). What's funny is there's a Korean lady that works there that also has a southern accent(it's southern mixed with FOB).

I want to see this but the other way around. Brown haired blue eyes white guy talking like he's straight outta China. I just think it'd be slightly comical.

Back