Enjoy The Draft

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Kcihcaton+Nov 3 2004, 12:46 PM-->
so wait... there ISN'T going to be a draft? or there is?
[post=411294]Quoted post[/post]​

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Nov 3 2004, 12:47 PM
There isn't. Go read.
[post=411296]Quoted post[/post]​

As long as we can keep the congress voting it down, all we need to do now is convince our youth to stay out of the armed forces till this useless war is over. Starve them of troops and force the US out.
Unfortunately I think there are too many 'I'll walk into a pit of flame if the President tells me to' types out there willing to Lemming-ize themselves.

(Not a dig at the military in general, I support our troops themselves 100%. I just support their leaders 0%)

brc80
@Nov 3 2004, 12:49 PM
There will be no draft unless congress deems it necessary.
[post=411300]Quoted post[/post]​

In our current political status, if congress deems it necessary that congress won't be congress for long. Want to wake up the young people in this country again? Propose a serious draft. The 70's were a warm up... We were too stoned to do anything. :D

Originally posted by DarkHand+Nov 3 2004, 10:54 AM-->
Originally posted by Kcihcaton@Nov 3 2004, 12:46 PM
so wait... there ISN'T going to be a draft?  or there is?
[post=411294]Quoted post[/post]​

dohcvtec_accord
@Nov 3 2004, 12:47 PM
There isn't. Go read.
[post=411296]Quoted post[/post]​

As long as we can keep the congress voting it down, all we need to do now is convince our youth to stay out of the armed forces till this useless war is over. Starve them of troops and force the US out.
Unfortunately I think there are too many 'I'll walk into a pit of flame if the President tells me to' types out there willing to Lemming-ize themselves.

(Not a dig at the military in general, I support our troops themselves 100%. I just support their leaders 0%)
[post=411301]Quoted post[/post]​

But thats part of siging up for the military. When you sign up, your saying you will walk into a pit of flames if told to. You sign the contract you know what your getting into when you join. Thats what this country was built on, and what keeps it strong. we not have the perfect system, but its still the best in the world and i will stand by it 100%.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 3 2004, 09:54 AM
happy bush friends need to be shot.
[post=411135]Quoted post[/post]​

And people who are ignorant do as well.

B do you know that most of the men in the services are Republican and if a Republican were not re-elected than many would have not re-enlisted? Why would a soldier want to re-enlist with a Commander in Chief that he does not agree with? The answer is he wouldn't. So the question now is that if men didnt re-enlist, where would they fill the void for the loss of men, by creating a draft of course. :)

I'm sick and tired of fucking idiotic people stating shit that they don't know. Both canidates ran on a platform that supported a draft if need be. The likelihood of a draft if Kerry was elected would have been far greater than from Bush's re-election.

learn something before you say it.

Originally posted by brc80@Nov 3 2004, 12:59 PM
But thats part of siging up for the military. When you sign up, your saying you will walk into a pit of flames if told to. You sign the contract you know what your getting into when you join. Thats what this country was built on, and what keeps it strong. we not have the perfect system, but its still the best in the world and i will stand buy it 100%.
[post=411304]Quoted post[/post]​

Agreed. But many, if not all, of the people who signed up before 9/11 were under the perfectly valid assumption that their leaders would do the right thing with them in general. They didn't think they'd be getting themselves in another Vietnam or Korean war that was overseen by a president who refuses to change his plans or ever admits he makes mistakes.

Originally posted by DarkHand+Nov 3 2004, 11:05 AM-->
@Nov 3 2004, 12:59 PM
But thats part of siging up for the military.  When you sign up, your saying you will walk into a pit of flames if told to.  You sign the contract you know what your getting into when you join. Thats what this country was built on, and what keeps it strong. we not have the perfect system, but its still the best in the world and i will stand buy it 100%.
[post=411304]Quoted post[/post]​

Agreed. But many, if not all, of the people who signed up before 9/11 were under the perfectly valid assumption that their leaders would do the right thing with them in general. They didn't think they'd be getting themselves in another Vietnam or Korean war that was overseen by a president who refuses to change his plans or ever admits he makes mistakes.
[post=411309]Quoted post[/post]​

Valid point. But once again thats part of siging up for the military, your job is to do what the comander in chief orders. Regarless of who's in office, or if you voted for him or not.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Nov 3 2004, 01:34 PM
the bill was introduced by democrats to prove a point that if the rich want us to go to war then their children should be made to fight and die just like poor peoples children...

and before you rule out a draft, just think how much harm bush has done in the first 4 years, and now try and guarantee there won;t be a draft in the next 4 years...
[post=411286]Quoted post[/post]​

Seriously, you should understand the facts before you hail Kerry as your next messiah.

I know that most highschool/college age "kids" tend to be more liberal and tree huggers, but thats mostly because they've been taught all their life by left wing teachers and are ignorant to all the facts. They simply have selective hearing. I re-iterate this fact when i debate politics with my girlfriends roomate who's retorts are never backed up by facts. All my younger friends who are liberal can never have a debate with me, short of saying "Bush is an idiot, he's a terrible president" but cannot seem to back this up by any facts. Is this simply because you're regurgitating what the media or a teacher has told you? Its easy to ignorantly state things without first having evidence to prove your statement. If you were in a real political debate or seminar class and did not have evidence to prove your argument you would be laughed out of town.

Its funny that my prof. for my honors history course on the ancient world was stumped when most of the students hailed Bush last night. He said "When I was in college, every student was liberal and nearly all voted democrat. It dumbfounds me that in todays day and age that college age students would vote republican. Unfortunately the democrats of current times have become such extremists and left winged that I can no longer relate." Its something powerful when a liberal teacher tells you how they cannot even relate to the democrats of current times, considering its always been in the union's best interest to vote democrat. This is a very educated man that gives lectures worldwide and is known to be a very educated scholar. Powerful stuff.

Darkhand, theres no way that we're going to just starve the government off by weening down our troops. If you're so anti-war you probably shouldnt have voted for Kerry either. Kerry has clearly stated that it was his position that he would have gone to war with the help of the UN. Unfortunately Bush asked for the help of the UN and they turned their nose at him. What was he to do but prove that America was still a powerful nation? I mean all kidding aside here, if we were attacked by China we'd be utterly destroyed. A nation is only as good as its security, if you pussyfoot and have a weakhand then you're going to get picked on just like the weak geeky kid in highschool.

The fact is that I 100% believe that Bush's intelligence agencies according to their sources believed that there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. I, for one, would not be terribley suprised if weapons of mass destruction did turn up in Iraq. Even so, Sadaam gased thousands of his own people and needed to be thrown from power. And to be completely honest, its Bush Senior's fault that he went too soft at the end of the Gulf War and didnt stop until he completely annihialated Sadaam. I know you'll probably say well gee its a Republicans fault that Sadaam wasnt taken out in the first place, but its most of your positions that we shouldnt be going to war anyway...and to annihialate Sadaam would have meant a longer more drawn out war and greater losses. Bush Sr pulled out because people began to become discontent that the war was taking as long as it was, if people just educated themselves and shut up and let everything get done we would not have been in this place to begin with.

the ONLY issue i give half a shit about is that bush mislead this country into an illegal war and now young US people are dying because of this...

get over it, HE MISLEAD THE CONTRY, HE LIED TO US

his evidence was bullshit, and his claims about WMD were bullshit, as well as his claims that IRAQ was linked to 911...

BUSH LIED AND MISLEAD our country, yet everyone seems to think he is such a great president...

i don't give a shit about kerry, all i care about is that bush should not be leading this country...

you dumb fuck, if we didn;t back saddam during the 80's we wouldn;t be in this position today...

and china would kick our ass??? you have got to be fucking kidding me

you're going to get picked on just like the weak geeky kid in highschool

how many geeky kids with NUKES get picked on???

and yes, we all know saddam was a bad guy, but the real concern is who;s worse...
saddam? or N korea or iran...

and how about fucking osama bin laden???
he's the one that actually attacked us, so why not worry about him first???

This is what I'm talking about being an ignorant kid. Back up any of which you just said. ANYTHING. Show me evidence, prove to me that what you said holds water and isn't just some regurgitated sentiment from your teacher, the media, or your parents.

We're still after Osama, that pursuit never stopped. Theres still troops in Afghanistan, you do understand that, don't you? Heck there's still troops in North Korea right now but apparently you don't understand that either.

So lets talk about North Korea because you seem to be all knowing. My grandfather was shot about 2mm shy of his heart in Korea during the Korean war. Its been a hotbed in Korea ever since Harry S. Truman (a democrat) got the US involved in Korea. We basically had our asses handed to us, Truman threatened to drop the atomic bomb on Korea but they didn't back down and it was just a meaningless threat for Truman so we hightailed it out of there. That world of shit that you're talking about in Korea was created by YOUR democrats, bet you didnt know that...did you?
http://www.koreanwar.com/ http://bioguide.congress.gov/scripts/biodi...l?index=T000387

About Sadaam and why he's a thread: Dating back to ancient times since the fall of the Roman Empire there's been a struggle between in the middle east, basically between the east versus west. Long story short after the fall of the empire, different parts of the world were cut off from each other and did not communicate. The islamic faith spread through much of the middle east meanwhile the christian faith was spreading in lower parts of the middle east. Much conflict and struggle because of the differences that were developed during this time lead to the conflict that we face in modern times. Basically the middle east is resentful of the west of christianity and of our wealth. This is more or less the reason between Sadaam and Osama for attacking the US. You dont think its a big deal that Sadaam would do anything in his power to hurt the United States in anyway he could? Thats no big deal right? Well, I along with most other educated people see that its a rising problem and should be squashed before it developes into something that we cannot handle.

As for China being able to make a joke out of the United States during current times, whats so bullshit about this? Foreign intelligence agencies steal from foreign government all the time, like China did with the plans for our nuclear warheads. The difference is China completely made fools out of the US and now has better military means than we can possibly develope in the next 5-10years. The US since it came to dominance has always been ahead of other nations in military means until current times where we lie second to China. You better believe if they ever get the idea to attack us, we're fucked.

Bush lieing to the US? I already went over this point that I do believe judging by his actions that he 110% believed that there were weapons of mass destructions, apparently you can't come up with anything better than "he lied to us, get over it"

:worthy: you :worthy:

ok, bin laden attacked us - fact

now # of troops in iraq vs # of troops in afganistan...???

and i;m not here to blame anyone about korea, all i;m saying is why the fuck are we in iraq instead of handling other more pressing issues?

ok, so bush 110% believed there were WMD;s, but he was FUCKING WRONG...

and now we are in a war because HE WAS FUCKING WRONG...

but yet we choose him to still be our leader?

Originally posted by reckedracing@Nov 3 2004, 11:51 AM

[post=411349]Quoted post[/post]​

And people are never wrong?
If Bush saw the same evidence, but decided not to go to war and we got atcked, you would then be yelling "Bush was fucking wrong" So either way he's fucked. And illegal war? last i remember congress voted to go to war, off the same evidence bush saw. So where was the law broken?

Originally posted by reckedracing@Nov 3 2004, 02:51 PM

[post=411349]Quoted post[/post]​

And clinton bombed Baghdad after the USS Cole was bombed and what good did he do in stopping Osama? that was your president's decision, bud.

As the other guy said, it wasnt an illegal war in the least.

Many people are wrong about many things but I dont believe he lied and i still believe theres a possibility of weapons of mass destruction over there. Hell look at the 380 tons of explosives that were stolen in Iraq. People may blame that on Bush but he only did what the people of the nation asked and handed control back to the Iraqi government, yet you people on here slam Bush for that.

im glad most of america didnt jump on the "i hate Bush because we dont know the true facts and only want to believe one side of the story, and im too ignorent to realize Kerry is going to be worse" band wagon...this country would of gone to shyt under Kerry

ROCK ON MICHAEL MOORE!!!

yea ok, cause iraq had any chance in hell of attacking us????
i think not

and yes, it was an illegal war...
if the rest of the fucking world didn;t agree then i;m pretty damn sure there;s a reason... ooh wait, thats right, CAUSE THEY WERE FUCKING RIGHT...
and lets talk geneva convention if you want to consider the legality of our military's actions

and the last time i checked if someone is FUCKING WRONG they should loose their fucking job

i know if i made a bad decision that killed 1500 americans i wouldn;t have a job anymore

and the explosives were stolen before the interm gov't was in power, and even the interm gov't is a fucking joke

Originally posted by reckedracing@Nov 3 2004, 03:11 PM
i think not

if the rest of the fucking world didn;t agree then i;m pretty damn sure there;s a reason... ooh wait, thats right, CAUSE THEY WERE FUCKING RIGHT...
and lets talk geneva convention if you want to consider the legality of our military's actions

and the last time i checked if someone is FUCKING WRONG they should loose their fucking job

i know if i made a bad decision that killed 1500 americans i wouldn;t have a job anymore

and the explosives were stolen before the interm gov't was in power, and even the interm gov't is a fucking joke
[post=411369]Quoted post[/post]​

Okay you need not reply anymore, you're just making an ass out of yourself.

The war was LEGAL because it was voted on by congress, the geneva convention has nothing to do with the legality of war itself but the acts during war. Every country is guilty of war crimes so wheres the suprise that after our country is terrorized that our soldiers be a little hateful and take it out on the POW? In Japan during WWII, the japanese would take American prisoners of war and put glass tubes up there penis's and then smash the glass with a hammer or they'd starve prisoners and beat them brutally. So what, we humiliated a few scumbag prisoners and they probably got beaten up on and abused somewhat too, but no where near as bad as what other countries do to their prisoners. You want to hug a tree and sing a campfire song now?

As far as the explosives, they were just found to be stolen recently. They were given to the Iraqi government sometime in June. :lol:

I’d say most of the people that hate Bush for the war don’t have the true facts. But where does it say we need to know everything about everything? Clinton shot missiles, nobody said a thing. Clinton put troops in Bosnia, nobody said a thing. The point im trying to make is, it’s not about right or wrong, its people who hate republicans will hate them no matter what they do. The same people bitching over Bush’s actions would be bitching about his inaction had he done nothing. So which is it? What do people want out of One Man? Let us not forget that he alone did not decide to go to war alone. Congress voted to go as well. That’s Democrats and Republicans voting to do the same thing. But some how its Bush who made the so-called mistake?

Originally posted by reckedracing@Nov 3 2004, 12:11 PM
i think not

Ok and by your thing Bush, and every member of congress should loose there job as well? Or is it only Bush?

Originally posted by brc80+Nov 3 2004, 03:17 PM-->
I’d say most of the people that hate Bush for the war don’t have the true facts. But where does it say we need to know everything about everything? Clinton shot missiles, nobody said a thing. Clinton put troops in Bosnia, nobody said a thing. The point im trying to make is, it’s not about right or wrong, its people who hate republicans will hate them no matter what they do. The same people bitching over Bush’s actions would be bitching about his inaction had he done nothing. So which is it? What do people want out of One Man? Let us not forget that he alone did not decide to go to war alone. Congress voted to go as well. That’s Democrats and Republicans voting to do the same thing. But some how its Bush who made the so-called mistake?

reckedracing
@Nov 3 2004, 12:11 PM
i think not

Ok and by your thing Bush, and every member of congress should loose there job as well? Or is it only Bush?
[post=411373]Quoted post[/post]​

Along with... "what is Iraq ever going to do to us, the US?!" Oh I don't know perhaps fly a plane into a building or bomb embassies or any of those other nice things that these other little nothings of middle eastern tribes have done to us just recently. Hmmmm, lets underestimate everybody because we're the great powerful US!

it has nothing to do with political parties for me... its simply right and wrong
and i want a president thats going to be right more often than wrong

and if he is wrong i want him to step up and say, yea we should not have invaded iraw, instead of saying, well saddam was a bad guy so its ok that we invaded them...

and yes, i think all of congress as well as bush should be held accountable for every god damn american life lost in that shit hole sand box..

perhaps fly a plane into a building

typical ignorant american statement
IRAQ DID NOT ATTACK US

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back