Enjoy The Draft

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Nov 3 2004, 10:23 PM
our goal is obviously to convert the world into a democracy.
[post=411646]Quoted post[/post]​

Why? Communism was such a bad thing back in the 50's, 60's and 70's. It was spreading, so we "had" to stop it, and we did this back in Vietnam, yet we did not win the war and it did not spread.

Yes it would be great if everyone spoke English, could read and write, and have the exact same government as us, but guess what, it won't happen. In the middle east, this will NEVER happen until religion dies. People in general are uneducated. I remember taking either pre-calc or something like in HS, and by taking that statistics show that I was offically more educated then 90% of the worlds population. The only thing that most of the world know as hope, law, ect is their religion. The way that they are tought, they must hate whoever is not of their decent. They then pass this to their kids and so on. Its a cycle that can not be beaten (at least that is the general consinse (SP?) in the ME). Right now in the west bank area, its almost like romeo and juilet, where both side fought over there previous generations problems and the current generation doesn't even know what they are fighting about but they have to anyways.

i hear europe has good cars.....hmmmmmmmmmm

I understand that the reality of absolutely every nation becoming democratic societies is far fetched and won't realistically happen but I stated the fact that the goal of the United States has always been to help convert nations 'in need' to a democratic form of government. Its basically assuring our allies and place in the world.

You may or may not agree with that, but thats the fact.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Nov 3 2004, 04:04 PM-->
Originally posted by sLuShBoXtEgGy@Nov 3 2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Nov 3 2004, 03:48 PM
reckedracing
@Nov 3 2004, 03:40 PM
Okay Mr. 16 year old know it all but cant back up a thing he says. Ask your mom or teacher for the facts now.

lmao, you know nothing about me
[post=411398]Quoted post[/post]​

You stated in another political argument that you're either a freshman in highschool or freshman in college, I believe highschool. You said how you were taking an econ course when I got into a discussion about trickle down economics with you and you admitted that you didnt know it all that you were just beginning your studies in economics. From that and the fact that you cannot backup your debate with evidence whatsoever I conclude that you probably are a freshman that stepped a little too far out into the deep end during this conversation. You're obviously about ready to drown.

By all means I'll have a debate with you about politics if you can provide some evidence, but I'm no longer going to waste my time if you can't do so. Even in a highschool or college course you have to provide evidence to your argument or you'll be laughed at of town. In my seminars if I didnt have sources to back up my argument I would get slaughtered alive, much to the likes of you.
[post=411410]Quoted post[/post]​

actually that was me that got lost in the econ discussion, not reckedracing and im the freshman in college taking econ classes. you should check old posts before assume. it just makes you look uninformed.
[post=411418]Quoted post[/post]​

Alright so I confused you with him, both of your tones were similiar with lashing out and providing insults rather than insults. I'm sorry that I didnt check past posts because I didnt feel the need to waste anymore of my valuable time.

As for that making me look uninformed, in regards to politics I'm very informed, in terms of knowing who the hell everyone on this board is...I am not well informed nor does it matter. I can have a perfectly sound debate with someone I dont know or know anything about.
[post=411422]Quoted post[/post]​

first-i never insult anyone on this forum(with exception to blanco and battle pope, but i apologized)
second-you should spend your "valuable time" working b/c with the amount of posts you had today i dont see how you got shit done.
third-a 16 year old would have too be really dumb or really smart to be a freshman.
last-"my first real insult on this forum"-get the fuck off your high horse and stop talking down to people. its your opinion, not the bible. just because someone is younger then you doesnt mean they cant know as much as you and from now on ill be sure to put a source list at the end of all my arguments.

first-i never insult anyone on this forum(with exception to blanco and battle pope, but i apologized)
second-you should spend your "valuable time" working b/c with the amount of posts you had today i dont see how you got shit done.
third-a 16 year old would have too be really dumb or really smart to be a freshman.
last-"my first real insult on this forum"-get the fuck off your high horse and stop talking down to people. its your opinion, not the bible. just because someone is younger then you doesnt mean they cant know as much as you and from now on ill be sure to put a source list at the end of all my arguments.
[post=411730]Quoted post[/post]​

Indeed because if you are 24 and went to a University, I dont know how you could possibly think that you formed an argument any better than a teenager that pisses and moans about something because 'they want it' or just 'because'.

stop with the million quotes thing. Either click fast reply or when you click Quote reply, delete everything except for the one that you actually want ot quote.

you still seem to be stuck on that high horse. i have a friend at john hopkins studying law, one at u penn premed, and another at dartmouth. now you are telling me that just because you are older you can form a better arguement then them?

the fucking MAJORITY of the Nation was pro war

ok, lets look at the war propaganda leading up to this

1) bush said saddam was linked to bin laden
PROVED WRONG

2) bush said iraq had WMD's
PROVED WRONG

so bush's media campaign suceeded in getting public support behind his personal war... and your point is?
EDIT: that just proves the MAJORITY of the rest of america is just as ignorant as you are...

and you seem to think you are so articulate... but i don;t see you making any arguement that is better or worse stated or defended than mine...
you recite bush retoric(sp) just like every other bush dick sucker...

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Nov 3 2004, 09:25 PM-->
B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T. This is the liberal uninformed standpoint. No president can do anything entirely on his own, like the other guy said previously you'd be tar and feathering him regardless of which way he swayed...you'd bitch he should have went the other way.

It's not a standpoint. It's what we live in.
We lost 80% of our allies by going into Iraq.
The price of the dollar vs the yen, canadian dollar and the euro keeps dropping.

it's fact. you cannot deny this. if you try, you're simply ill-informed about what is going on in the world today.

Tar and feather? no. not at all. I really don't care which way he sways, what he says or how he acts. What i do care about is if the economy is up, the US dollar is equal to a Eruo, and if the general population is "happy" with the way things are.
Fact, once again, is that this is not the case.

While one man cannont be blamed for everything- I agree.... but Bush appointed all the staff that is responsible- so in reality, he is the sole man to point a finger to.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Nov 3 2004, 09:29 PM
The MAJORITY, thats right you heard it hear

I once again link you all to this:
http://irreverentrambling.blogspot.com/200...-of-dunces.html

That's why you voted for and support Bush.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Nov 3 2004, 09:50 PM
ok i am nuetral i get to see two sides to everything cause i live up here and bush has fucked your econ your dollar drops day to day

yup. the economy sucks. wages are down, and its an employers market.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Nov 3 2004, 03:41 PM
This is more or less the reason between Sadaam and Osama for attacking the US.  You dont think its a big deal that Sadaam would do anything in his power to hurt the United States in anyway he could?

Again, Sadaam didn't attack us. we attacked him first for no good reason but, yup, money. Bush Sr's money and business relations.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Nov 3 2004, 09:59 PM
What are you talking about. Sadaam NEVER attacked us. Well he looks bad.

yup.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Nov 3 2004, 09:59 PM
Again, you don't know the facts. Get your ignorant head out of your ass and read up on everythign you have said

:werd: well said dude

Originally posted by asmallsol@Nov 3 2004, 10:48 PM
Why? Communism was such a bad thing back in the 50's, 60's and 70's. It was spreading, so we "had" to stop it, and we did this back in Vietnam, yet we did not win the war and it did not spread.

We're trying to fix stuff that really has nothing to do with us in the least. We have been since the early 20th century. I disagree fully with the US being a world baby sitter. as long as its in your own country, it has nothing to do with us. take care of your own shit.

Originally posted by Trinity@Nov 3 2004, 11:03 PM
i hear europe has good cars.....hmmmmmmmmmm

werd. i want a smart city car :)

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Nov 3 2004, 11:54 PM
I understand that the reality of absolutely every nation becoming democratic societies is far fetched and won't realistically happen but I stated the fact that the goal of the United States has always been to help convert nations 'in need' to a democratic form of government. Its basically assuring our allies and place in the world.

You may or may not agree with that, but thats the fact.

I agree with it. we're like the best friend of the hot chick.
the hot chick gets dumped... we become the person to talk to and cry on my shoulder type.. and before long, we're bangin it out :)
the usa works the same way.

we take advantage of other countries.

sLuShBoXtEgGy
@Nov 4 2004, 03:44 AM
you still seem to be stuck on that high horse. i have a friend at john hopkins studying law, one at u penn premed, and another at dartmouth. now you are telling me that just because you are older you can form a better arguement then them?

who cares what your friends do. i have friends that are doctors, lawyers, garbage men, and mechanics. are they here discussing this with us? Nope. and neither are your friends.

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Nov 4 2004, 10:11 AM
B, why are all the quotes nt showing up? that shizz is hard to read
[post=411811]Quoted post[/post]​

i suck at multi quoting.... editing it now.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Nov 4 2004, 08:28 AM-->
Slammed90Lude
@Nov 4 2004, 10:11 AM
B, why are all the quotes nt showing up? that shizz is hard to read
[post=411811]Quoted post[/post]​

i suck at multi quoting.... editing it now.
[post=411824]Quoted post[/post]​

internet-wins.jpg

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 4 2004, 06:52 AM
I really don't care which way he sways, what he says or how he acts. What i do care about is if the economy is up, the US dollar is equal to a Eruo, and if the general population is "happy" with the way things are.
Fact, once again, is that this is not the case.
[post=411806]Quoted post[/post]​

Well then by that logic people are happy because Bush won? He got the most votes.

not really. its all who voted.

less than 1/3 of my towns population put a vote in.

be it them being lazy, or just not being able to make it- im sure that if you were to poll everyone that in general, people are not happy.

Okay just to make everyone here mad if there does happen to be a draft within the next four years (although I doubt it*) I'm in no way able to be drafted into the military... I already served! MUWAHAHAHAHA! And for those who question this, I have my post active service requirements dealt with. I'm INVINCIBLE! Muwahahaha!

*On a good note, I highly HIGHLY doubt there will be a draft ANYTIME soon. When I was in a few years back (and even now, hell) there are enough people in the ARMY alone to occupy most of China. And survive... and kill everyone... you know, Army stuff. And that's one of four branches. So yeah, no worries. I ain't gonna read into if there is a draft or not because it don't matter to me. But worry not, I'll send care packages.

:lolhammer:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 4 2004, 11:25 AM

be it them being lazy, or just not being able to make it- im sure that if you were to poll everyone that in general, people are not happy.
[post=412014]Quoted post[/post]​

[rant]Then only thing is i can say to that is, they should should have gotton off there ass and voted. if you dont vote you dont have a voice. So to all those people who complain about the country, yet cant get off there ass to vote. I say screw them. I respect anyone who votes, Republican, Democrat, or other. But if you dont vote dont vote you have no right to complain.[/rant]

My best answer for Blanco's question is this... 20% of the Army was in Korea at the time. 40% was at home in the States for some odd reason or another. Other than that I have no idea what went on. But no draft, I'd bet, still.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 4 2004, 02:25 PM

[post=412014]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes Brian and you can speak for all the nation can't you? No, I think not.

I wont even debate about this. The majority of the nation was happy with the decision, the majority of the nation voted for Bush, infact he won by 3 million votes which is quite a sizeable amount. I really can care less about who voted and who didnt vote, or who voted for one canidate and when asked by someone of the opposing party to avoid argument they said they voted for the other canidate. Your little simple of your town means diddley squat.

actually to answer to the bush patrol up top, they did poll the united states and 52% were NOT happy bush was elected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back