Enjoy The Draft

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
exactly, my question is what happens when we stop fighting this war? what then? or wait we didn't vote on that did we

This mostly afects me, if it happens and a some other people on the board... arent a portion of you too old to be drafted?

I donno, whatever, Ive still got a year and a couple months till id be elligable

Well it's official, Sen. McCain was on Leno last night, and he said since only 10% of the 18-25 year old group actually came out to vote, he was going to draft us all and teach us a lesson

pack your bags bitches :)

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Nov 5 2004, 10:19 AM
Well it's official, Sen. McCain was on Leno last night, and he said since only 10% of the 18-25 year old group actually came out to vote, he was going to draft us all and teach us a lesson

[post=412479]Quoted post[/post]​

I didn't know senators could start the draft on their own. interesting.

President Bush has already stated there will be no draft. We will have an all volunteer military.

Originally posted by revolution8k+Nov 5 2004, 07:43 AM-->
Slammed90Lude
@Nov 5 2004, 10:19 AM

President Bush has already stated there will be no draft. We will have an all volunteer military.
[post=412484]Quoted post[/post]​

Of course he's going to say there's not going to be a draft before there actually is a draft. If he announced there was going to be a draft before it happened, the mexican and canadian borders would be flooded with traffic.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Nov 5 2004, 12:23 AM
Yes Brian and you can speak for all the nation can't you? No, I think not.

I wont even debate about this. The majority of the nation was happy with the decision, the majority of the nation voted for Bush, infact he won by 3 million votes which is quite a sizeable amount. I really can care less about who voted and who didnt vote, or who voted for one canidate and when asked by someone of the opposing party to avoid argument they said they voted for the other canidate. Your little simple of your town means diddley squat.
[post=412395]Quoted post[/post]​

not me- a huge poll.

click the link in my sig to my blog.
the image is there.

B - Read yoru blog intresting stuff, i will agree with you that both the East and West Coast gave Kerry the nod, but not everyone did (ie: me) but your comment about the midle of the country, is kinda strange. So because they dont live in a sprawling metropolis, they no any less then us? I think not, they voted what they belvied in just like everyone of us did.

And for the polling even the biggest polls durning the election were only asking 995 people, nowhere near enough people to gauge the pulse of the country. When i find link about how all the polling was done ill post it.

Originally posted by Trinity@Nov 5 2004, 02:17 AM
actually to answer to the bush patrol up top, they did poll the united states and 52% were NOT happy bush was elected.
[post=412430]Quoted post[/post]​

Thats funny, who did that poll a TV station and thats a good sampling of America correct? ...or thats just a good sample of people who watch left wing media, instead of a more right wing channel.

If it wasnt a TV station or newspaper I'm sorry but the last 'poll' I saw was that Bush had 52% of the popular vote and was re-elected. :)

Originally posted by Kcihcaton+Nov 5 2004, 11:43 AM-->
Originally posted by revolution8k@Nov 5 2004, 07:43 AM
Slammed90Lude

Of course he's going to say there's not going to be a draft before there actually is a draft. If he announced there was going to be a draft before it happened, the mexican and canadian borders would be flooded with traffic.
[post=412517]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes and the world is against us, let me tell you. They don't just send you a letter and say you're draft fool. Congress has to pass the bill first, a bill that was brought up by two DEMOCRAT senators. :)

If you're worried about a draft, you should be more worried that Kerry being a democrat would side with those democrat senators that raised the bill in the first place.

Remove heads from asses and see clearly. the end.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Nov 5 2004, 12:19 PM-->
New2TheCarScene
@Nov 5 2004, 12:23 AM
Yes Brian and you can speak for all the nation can't you? No, I think not.

I wont even debate about this. The majority of the nation was happy with the decision, the majority of the nation voted for Bush, infact he won by 3 million votes which is quite a sizeable amount. I really can care less about who voted and who didnt vote, or who voted for one canidate and when asked by someone of the opposing party to avoid argument they said they voted for the other canidate. Your little simple of your town means diddley squat.
[post=412395]Quoted post[/post]​

not me- a huge poll.

click the link in my sig to my blog.
the image is there.
[post=412547]Quoted post[/post]​

ridiculous. A gallup poll conducted by CNN and USA Today... Brian who do you think is going to read those two medias, perhaps a greater majority of democrats than republicans? Hmmmm, could that be why the results were scewed the way they were? Oh....

I'm done with this argument because the only information provided against Bush has been provided by the democrat party and not a third party or moderate Republican. The Republicans would be tearing Kerry apart if he were in office, of course shit like that is always going to be said because the parties fight like cats and dogs.

Originally posted by brc80@Nov 5 2004, 01:40 PM
B - Read yoru blog intresting stuff, i will agree with you that both the East and West Coast gave Kerry the nod, but not everyone did (ie: me) but your comment about the midle of the country, is kinda strange. So because they dont live in a sprawling metropolis, they no any less then us? I think not, they voted what they belvied in just like everyone of us did.

And for the polling even the biggest polls durning the election were only asking 995 people, nowhere near enough people to gauge the pulse of the country. When i find link about how all the polling was done ill post it.
[post=412626]Quoted post[/post]​

The only reason the north east and north west go the way that they do is because of the high costs of living here. Democrats are normally going to provide more programs to try to aid in the cost of living, but the cost of those programs is gained from a raise in taxes elsewhere or a cut in funding elsewhere. You give from one program and you have to take from another, or we're just digging ourselves even deeper in debt. (This is not only my perspective but that of psychologists. infact we had this discussion about an hour ago)

Unfortunately everyone here in Jersey thinks that a Democrat is going to be the answer but our current :rainfro: :ghey: governor in Jersey did nothing for us but vote for a shitload of tax raises.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Nov 5 2004, 10:55 AM-->
Originally posted by Kcihcaton@Nov 5 2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by revolution8k@Nov 5 2004, 07:43 AM
Slammed90Lude

[post=412517]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes and the world is against us, let me tell you. They don't just send you a letter and say you're draft fool. Congress has to pass the bill first, a bill that was brought up by two DEMOCRAT senators. :)

If you're worried about a draft, you should be more worried that Kerry being a democrat would side with those democrat senators that raised the bill in the first place.

[post=412635]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't see at all what that has to do with what I said, so I'll assume it was more directed to the quotes before mine.

Originally posted by Blanco@Nov 5 2004, 12:14 PM
If Bush gets the $75 billion he just asked for, this "war" will already cost us $300 billion...twice as much as the entirety of the Vietnam war.
[post=412646]Quoted post[/post]​

You conveniently forgot about the inflation rate in your figures. :) Given a 3% or so inflation rate per year, we've probably spent as much as Vietnam, give or take a little.

GODvsBUSH.gif

did you guys see the new shit bush wants to do to social secuirty.

not cut benefitis- but at the same time put our age peoples money into a 401k-like plans. where does the money come to pay for the benefits?

good idea bush. fucking idiot.

first find out why they proposed those bills before talking or you'll just make yourself look like more of a fool...

its already been covered in this thread actually...

those bills were proposed by democrats to voice their opinion that it shouldn't just be the unwealthy americans that fight the wealthy americans war, the wealthy americans children should be getting killed along side the unwealthy americans...

just the same as bush and his cronies were able to avoid active duty during vietnam

and they proposed those bills knowing full well they WOULD NOT PASS...

take your own advice to see clearly

If you want to talk about debt and funding, look to the White House. If Bush gets the $75 billion he just asked for, this "war" will already cost us $300 billion...twice as much as the entirety of the Vietnam war. That's why taxes are being raised. You can't continually spend while cutting your source of income, that should be a given. You want programs, you want good roads, you want police/fire departements, you want your streets cleaned up and kept clean...the money has to come from somewhere. Deficit spending is not a strength, it's flat out stupid and it's how individuals end up bankrupt.
[post=412646]Quoted post[/post]​

The war also creates more job opportunities that helps stimulate the economy. The country is already in debt by trillions of dollars...the war is on its way, if we want less casualties (which we all should) then the money will need to be spent. Its my opinion that money does not need to be spent on pointless programs that many liberals fund. I don't need the government in my affairs, I can do just fine by myself.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 5 2004, 03:22 PM
did you guys see the new shit bush wants to do to social secuirty.

not cut benefitis- but at the same time put our age peoples money into a 401k-like plans. where does the money come to pay for the benefits?

good idea bush. fucking idiot.
[post=412688]Quoted post[/post]​

Brian, you're just plain ignorant when it comes to politics. You may have vote republican for some other offices, but some of the shit you say is just meaninless. What plan did Kerry have for social security? Wait he didn't have one. How was Kerry's foreign policy? It sucked. Could Kerry ever make a decisive decision if need be? Probably not from past evidence.

Seriously, he's not as fucking bad as you and all the thumpers make him out to be.

As I've said millions of times, a person isn't perfect and of course he is going to make mistakes. Every president has made mistakes, I honestly don't see any of Bush's plans or decisions being more of a mistake than any other president. Yes, we shouldn't have a president that makes many mistakes but given the canidates this year I think Bush was the best possible one.

I wish I didnt have to vote Bush and I certainly wish that there were a more moderate Democrat on the ticket that wasn't a bumbling indecisive fool that talked out of his ass, perhaps I could have sympathized with him better and voted for him.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Nov 5 2004, 03:56 PM

first find out why they proposed those bills before talking or you'll just make yourself look like more of a fool...

its already been covered in this thread actually...

those bills were proposed by democrats to voice their opinion that it shouldn't just be the unwealthy americans that fight the wealthy americans war, the wealthy americans children should be getting killed along side the unwealthy americans...

just the same as bush and his cronies were able to avoid active duty during vietnam

and they proposed those bills knowing full well they WOULD NOT PASS...

take your own advice to see clearly
[post=412711]Quoted post[/post]​

Negative captain. Why would you ever propose a bill that you didnt support? The answer is you wouldn't, I dont give a fuck what skewed version they told the media the fact is THEY VOTED FOR THE DRAFT. The likelihood of Bush inacting the draft is less than Kerry and the reasons have already been stated in this thread.

Clinton and his cronies avoided the war in 'nam as well. Guess what, chances are you personally know a draft dodger. In your head, if the draft came up I bet many of you would think of dodging the draft as already stated in this thread and other threads. So maybe Bush and Clinton could sympathize with the way that most of you think.

Fuck it, if I'm called upon by my country to go overseas I'll do it. Its a give and take relationship and not just about yourself as many people in America seem to think today. The prospect of dying overseas at my age right now isn't too appealing, but if I were called upon and served and died for a good cause, it would be an honor. If you think otherwise hug a tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back