Enjoying my new HDTV

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

easyheimer

Well i just bought a HDTV today and holy shit does it make a difference. The picture is so much more detailed, and so much more clear. I got an xbox 360 and it is amazing on the HDTV. I really never knew there was this much of a difference, it just amazes me how technology is coming along.

Quoted post[/post]]
Well i just bought a HDTV today and holy shit does it make a difference. The picture is so much more detailed, and so much more clear. I got an xbox 360 and it is amazing on the HDTV. I really never knew there was this much of a difference, it just amazes me how technology is coming along.

Welcome to last year!

go watch some playoffs.

lol, yeah, it was something stupid too. i didn't know how to change the video settings... AV1 AV2 etc.

but now its working and damn...

i just helped my friend get herself a flat tube hdtv. she loves it. her dvd movies (with the upconvert) plays in 1080i. it's nice. i think i'm a get me one too!

indeed. HD football is great, especially after 4 j's and a few hits from a pipe :) Mike the flamer knows what I am talking about. :)

I'm suprised B isn't talking about 1080i is so 3 weeks ago, and regular DVD's are so...now, since 1080p DVD's aren't out yet.

Quoted post[/post]]
indeed. HD football is great, especially after 4 j's and a few hits from a pipe :) Mike the flamer knows what I am talking about. :)

I'm suprised B isn't talking about 1080i is so 3 weeks ago, and regular DVD's are so...now, since 1080p DVD's aren't out yet.

Go tampa bay!

1080i is so 2005 :p

but i don't care for sports much, and watching friends re-runs in HD just doesn't do it :p until you get courtney cox hard nipple shot in hi def!! lol

i dunno... i like it for its clearity more than anything else.

I honestly don't think my eyes are good enough to tell the difference between an hd movie and a normal 480p movie upconverted.... the display on my tv owns.... rocks the piss out out my old 1080i plasma...

haha, lemmie guess b, you are savin for the new Sony SXRD.

actually i was at circut city the other day and they had the new sony next to last years XBR 32" flat-tube and the XBR was clearer than the SXRD.

IMO
flat tube > DLP

watch Finding Nemo on both and tell me which one is clearer.

tubes suck. too freakin big and bulky. sure, the picutre may be "SLIGHTLY" better.... but you can't even find a 50" tube tv anymore.... and its still a tube tv.... it may be clearer, but my eyes aren't good enough to tell...

i bought a 50" samsung 1080p

can i ask how much that ran you?

anyone have a quick run down on the i vs p ratings?

what would a tube tv get if it were rated using that scale?

but you can't even find a 50" tube tv anymore....
did they ever make such a thing?
i thought everything that large was projection...

and its funny that you started this thread cause i PM'ed B about this exact thing about a week or 2 ago asking him if the gaming experience was that much better...

i = interlaced
p = progressive.

in english, interlacing is line-doubling.
thus, 1080i is REALLY 540p.
so 720p is actually CRISPER picture.... but as you get into larger displays, the pixels grow in INCHES.

1080p doubles the pixels of a 720p display... thus, making the actual pixel size half as large... and thus, a clearer picture.

1080p is the only way to go IMO if you want to stay with it. 1080i is just going to become off the market weekly..... within a year, you probably won't be able to find many 1080i sets anymore, just like edtv (480p) sets are very few and betweeen now.

my tv was 3500 from crustchifled w/ stand.

well, i won't argue with getting an 800 dollar tv for fucking 500 dollars. so, yea. i don't care if it's last month, last week, or last year. a deal's a deal and all i got is a 40" old tube tv.

stop pissing in my cheerios, b. :p

Back