[Enquiry]Ecu code

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

llllllyyy

Can anyone provide me with the ecu codes for Manual EG6 SIR2 with TCS year 1992?
I found a 2ndhand parts shop but I need the ecu codes.
Cause there are alot of different types of P30 out there.
Earlier I tried several p30 ecus from manual eg6 without tcs and abs. The rpm wont work. So I checked with several people,they already said , ecu without tcs cant put in eg6 with tcs or else rpm meter wont work.

https://hondaswap.com/ecu-s-electronics-tuning/help-jdm-sir-ii-tcs-problem-73502/
This guy had the same problem.
Mine is JDM MANUAL EG6 WITH TCS AND ABS.
So what ecu should I use?

Last edited:
what's the problem? just the rpm 'meter' (the tachometer) doesnt work?

are you in the USA? your english seems somewhat broken.

I have a JDM P30, no abs or tcs, B16A SiR-II motor. post up the versions you've found to exist if you would.

The JDM P30 I'm used to doesnt have an input for rpm. it doesnt care. you have to run the blue wire or splice off the ICM and run it to the blue wire that goes to the tachometer.

hmm not tooo sure. take some pics so maybe we can document this, and figure it out. i'm wondering if it's got 3 or 4 connectors.

Just checked with spoon ecu sets.
They have spoon ecu for EG6 auto, EG6 auto tcs , EG6 manual , and EG6 manual tcs.
So the honda stock ones should have these 4 types also......
Is anyone else here using P30 with tcs? I just need to ecu codes.
And also I am quite a noob with car stuff so I do not dare open up the ecu to see how many plugs there are.
PS:I read some where that it has 4 plugs I think and the last plug is for tcs and it is suppose to be uber rare.

haha, "uber" rare. nice word usage :)

you dont need to open the ecu to see how many plugs it has. the plugs are what connect the ecu to the car's wiring harness. like, here's mine

5th%20(69).JPG

this is the inside (not that you might care), but you can also see that my OBD1 P30 only has 3 plugs, referenced to as A, B, and D in the honda manual. lending the assumption that 4 plug ones exist (i've only seen pics here and there).
5th%20(73).JPG

or if you could get the full identification string off the sticker on the side of the ecu, that would help. like mine is a P30-J00

haha, "uber" rare. nice word usage :)

you dont need to open the ecu to see how many plugs it has. the plugs are what connect the ecu to the car's wiring harness. like, here's mine

5th%20%2869%29.JPG

this is the inside (not that you might care), but you can also see that my OBD1 P30 only has 3 plugs, referenced to as A, B, and D in the honda manual. lending the assumption that 4 plug ones exist (i've only seen pics here and there).
5th%20%2873%29.JPG

or if you could get the full identification string off the sticker on the side of the ecu, that would help. like mine is a P30-J00

Will go to my car and dig it now.
Wish me luck.
Haha.

PS:I am a chinese but I am from Malaysia.;)

Just pushed my head deep inside the carpet hole to see the number.
37820-P30-940(Auto EG6 TCS ecu) So what the manual one?*cause I just converted it to manual tranny.*
Weird. I thought its suppose to be JXX or CXX or AXX or GXX?
Cant take photo....no space for my handphone camera cause it cant focus when the object is too close to it.
Couldnt see how many plugs properly thought. But I saw about 3 sets of wires poking out so should be 3 plugs.

hmm well i'll keep looking around the internet, but i dont have much other help for you. have you tried contacting a honda dealer and asking them if they have reference to it in their computer maybe?

free bump, maybe someone else can come along and help. i'm as stumped as you :confused: i thought the same about the numbers/letters. pgmfi.org is usually a good resource for these things but i'm not seeing anything.

wow i must be an expert seacher "Lim Ling Yang" :)

Honda-Tech.com: Honda Civic/Del Sol (1992 - 2000): "How to indentify you ECU"

found your other questions in this thread through google.

now i'm not completly sure, but i dont think ABS has anything to do with the ECU. as far as I know, ABS has it's own control box and is it's own seperate system.

and since you converted to manual, i dont think you can have tcs. is that right? if so then just use any P30. a JDM P30-J00 like mine would be a good choice if your parts supplier has one. you dont need to solder anything else into it except the 24-pin EEPROM chip that holds the fuel and ignition tables.

wow i must be an expert seacher "Lim Ling Yang" :)

Honda-Tech.com: Honda Civic/Del Sol (1992 - 2000): "How to indentify you ECU"

found your other questions in this thread through google.

now i'm not completly sure, but i dont think ABS has anything to do with the ECU. as far as I know, ABS has it's own control box and is it's own seperate system.

and since you converted to manual, i dont think you can have tcs. is that right?
Yes.ABS and TCS comes with their own ecu , but eg6 with abs/tcs also have their own different sets of ecu compare to those that dont have it. Both use P30 but different versions of P30.
And no.Manual eg6 also do come with tcs and abs.Only even extra rare compared to auto tcs cause people just hate tcs I think.
Hmmm. I saw a code in the website you gave.
94' P30-932 JDM SIR2 MT TCS ABS
Different year.I wonder will it work?:ph34r:

Hondata :: View topic - S300J on JDM EG6 with Traction Control
pgmfi.org • View topic - WTB: ECU to run my Delsol SiR (with TCS)
Another group of people with the same problem.

Last edited:
it's also possible the website has misinformation, so dont rule that out. it sounds like it might work tho.

ya i'm not much a fan of tcs either, but sounds like you've got a nice rare car on your hand. i found about 3 others with similar ecus in scottland.

keep us posted with anything you figure out

Yay. Finally. Found a guy with manual eg6 tcs. So it is confirmed that TCS do exists on manual only its SUPER DUPER UBER RARE and they use a different version of P30 which is P30-931 or P30-932 .
And their RPM signal passes through their ecu then only to the meter cluster.(I got this info from several halfcut shops that I called and some online searching.)
So now I got 2 ways to solve.
1. Get an ecu with tcs that costs twice the price of one without.
2. Direct the rpm signal from the ecu harness all the way to the meter cluster.
Dunno which option to take now......low in budget.....will use auto ecu with tcs for now.
PS:Thanks YBLEGAL. You have been very helpful compared to some local forums over here that keep saying there is no such thing :( .
PPS:Will update here if/when I change my ecu.

Last edited:
sweet. i love learning about hardly known things. it's good that you found one! it must be super rare.

if i'm reading what you originally said right, you've converted to manual?

i'm not so sure that the auto ecu will run the manual setup. but connecting up the RPM guage is easy. there's a blue wire that comes from the cluster, and runs right up to your ECU. then there's a blue wire that comes from the engine bay and also runs up to your ECU. you just need to connect the 2. without diagrams, i cant say pin numbers for you. if you dont have a blue wiring coming from the engine, you'll need to locate the ICM wire, and you can run the blue wire from the cluster to that. the ICM will drive the RPM guage.

glad i could be of help!

Hmmm. 1 nooblike question.
How to differentiate auto ecu and manual ecu?
The easiest way.

PS:Oh my. I just realised.I registered in this forum as llllllyyy. Not Lim Ling Yang. Haha. Nice to see you can search out my name lolx.

Last edited:
ya, like i said, open the ECU and look at the circuitry. if you look at the link for converting the auto to manual, you'll also learn what resistors it is you need to look for on the circuit board that make it manual or auto. sorry i dont have an easier answer

Back