Enter the new Si!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i build an almost fully loaded one build cost was about $24370

an rsx type s is about 23,600

I build an almost fully loaded one (RSX type-s ) and it is about 27800

the civic is cheaper.. 23,600 is for the type s with no options.. the civic si with no options is 19,900.

Quoted post[/post]]
I build an almost fully loaded one (RSX type-s ) and it is about 27800

the civic is cheaper.. 23,600 is for the type s with no options.. the civic si with no options is 19,900.

i can;t load Acuras website at work but from what i heard, lots is already included on the type s...there are not many options to choose from...most of the good stuff is standard

Quoted post[/post]]
Isn't the civic lighter, too?

RSX type S is about 30 lbs lighter

with every option the SI is $27,458

with the rsx you can add the standard stuff better rims, body kit, wing, stuff like that..
pretty much the same as the si

every option RSX type S is $28,709

I would still get an Si over an RSX.. even if they were the same price

the new SI is hot, even if its not a hatchie :cry:

large5.jpg

ooh my gawd, i love em

a quick glance at the dyno graph turned me FAR away from liking this one as well

just like every other honda it has a mostly flatish torque curve WAY below what is needed for the car

and the hp is no where to be heard of until you are somewhere around 6k....

I talked to a guy who works at a local Honda dealership out here and he told me that they aren't going to go for under 20k... dealership mark-ups on top of the dealers asking price, you're looking at 22k easy and you haven't even added options yet.

The car itself, I do like it a lot, but for the price range it's in, i'll pass. for the same price, maybe 2K more, you can get yourself a new WRX or something. and with the WRX now coming with a 2.5, instead of the 2.0, people are gonna jump all over it but it looks like ass IMO.

My aunt's husband's parents own Long Beach Honda, i'm going to ask him about the Si. If he can get it for me for 17-19k, it's mine mother fuckers!!! :laugh: :thumbsup:

$23,894 but will most likely be around 26k at the dealer.

options: different wheels, nav, summer tires, fogs, and "splash guards" or as they are commonly known as, mud flaps.

If i was in the market for a new car, i wouldnt buy this. id spend the extra cash and either buy a 1 year old preowned vehicle, or just spend an extra 5-6 k and buy a better vehicle... like an suv :ph34r: :ph34r:

In pics, the new civics look like ass.

They completely change in person. I don't know why that is. And the hip bolsters on the seats look incredibly shallow, but someone said they work great in another thread, so I suppose I'll have to strap one on and get my own opinion.

And I refuse to drive a "drive by wire" car. Not yet anyway.

I will have to test drive it and compare it to the power i have in the 03.. if it isn't much faster, i will stick with the 03 and turbo it

I wonder what the hell is up with the blue fade on the chassis?...

image1.jpg

Back